Thruxton Fixed Or Hydraulic Lift Table

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Bradley Perry, Jan 2, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bradley Perry

Bradley Perry Well-Known Member

While waiting for delivery of a new Thruxton1200 RS i have begun organizing my workshop area.
    I have ordered front and rear paddock stands to get the wheels off the ground...
    Now I am looking into work platforms... Hydraulic lift or fixed height with a suitable length ramp.
    The cheapest lift tables cost at least $1100 shipped the 3000 - 4000km to Darwin... and the tables are a bit short. and look pretty flimsy
    I am thinking a 300mm or 350mm high fixed table... 2.4m (8ft) x 600mm (2ft) wide with 1.2m (4ft) ramp.... can built with 4 braked caster wheels for $300.
    What are folks using in their home garage...???

2. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I've just got an Abba stand like the one below. It's useful, particularly for bikes without a centre stand, but a bit cumbersome. You also can't get both wheels off the ground at the same time without some other support.

[​IMG]

I saw their Sky Lifts (below) at a show recently and it looked faintly terrifying seeing a bike hoisted in the air like that! I didn't have time for a closer look, unfortunately.

[​IMG]

3. Bradley Perry

Bradley Perry Well-Known Member