Featured First Year Biking - Shhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Feb 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I prefer the option "C" :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    There is a fundamental rule in life:

Never, ever, ever work out the cost of your main hoppy/sport/interest, ever...

...ever!

If you do, you'll realise that you could have afforded that five star, three month, first class holiday in [insert holiday destination here] after all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Yeah true, but Repooh can now do lots of biking holidays - two birds with one stone and all that.

@Repooh and that includes GMU2019. Check it out mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Have a word with @Glyn Phillips - was talking to me yesterday and he has 30 bikes, so obviously he knows the right things to say! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. martin hughes

martin hughes New Member

Oct 31, 2018
    Holmfirth
    When I got my Tiger my misses found out how much it cost -'you could have bought a new car for the same money ! ! ' well I don't own a car my Tiger is my only mode of transport. Got her fresh out of the factory in March last year and just this week end went past the 10K miles mark ! --going on the theory that ride more equals less running cost /outlay ..I must be in some sort of credit with TrIumph! !

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dale

Dale Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Cincinnati
    What if you've commited to a ride & 1 won't start? 2 is basic minimal.
    As we've decided 30 years ago & Peter Egan (Cycle World & Car & Driver) validated 6 months later in an article, depending on your personality, 5 is the proper amount.
    1) Touring or sport touring.
    2) Dual sport or dirt
    3) Sport
    4) Cruiser
    5) A project
    This assortment has seemed to keep me calm, sleeping well, out of trouble & generally content unless of course I'm 10 miles down the roead before realizing I'm on the wrong bike that day.
    Oh God, do I turn around? No m/clist I know wants to do that.
    What to do, what do I do??????

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I got four bikes and love them. When I met my better half I had twenty seven. Over the years I sold or broke them. Now only four left that I will keep pray God. I have no problems with Tracy she is happy that that is one of my passions and sometimes they cost money. But so does her car and I got no problem there. She even spends nights out in the Garage with me if I need a second pair of hands to complete a job. So I must really be a lucky bloke.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    It's easier to seek forgiveness than get permission! Besides, would she rather you come in smelling of bike oil or cheap perfume? One woman, many bikes or one bike, many women?

And yes, my Mrs happy for me to buy number two and three

• Like Like x 3