Featured First Project Bike

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Streetgirl675, Nov 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Certainly beats last minute shoppin' eh Streetgirl ;) Best wishes to you and everyone else on the forum. Now where's the bottle opener....

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    You've got your priorities right :) just put some of those girly mechanics gloves on for the turkey you'll be grand ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Happy Christmas Streetgirl Hope you are making progress with the rebuild. I have rebuilt a few Jap bikes, mainly Hondas and some of the parts for those are getting very difficult to source. I found one part from Mexico for a CB72, isn't ebay useful!

One thing I would strongly suggest is that when you are using that wire brush wheel thingy or any other fiendish device that makes sparks or whirry noises please please , PLEASE wear safety glasses!!!

I worked in the insurance claims business for many years and I have heard many tales of woe involving eyes, unlike finger nails and skin eyes don't repair themselves.

All the best hope the turkey is OK, I'm just going to check ours!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Only just found this thread @Streetgirl675 , looks like you are having a lot of fun and doing a great job.
    Not sure if this is any use to you but there is a KTM dealer in Kendal,
    https://www.tripledmotosport.co.uk/
    May be worth an email maybe? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Thanks Dawsy

6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    How’s that project bike coming along, @Streetgirl675?? Haven’t heard about it in a while. Hope all is well with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    All is well @Sandi T. The bike is progressing. Getting some bits powder coated, still struggling to find parts etc. haven’t been on in ages now - life is getting the way ;) Must try to check in more often. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi again, @Streetgirl675. Just checking in again to see how you're doing these days and what's up with the bike build. Missing your presence on the forum. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1