Featured First Bonnie - fantastic!

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Brian1, Mar 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brian1

Brian1 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    South Wales
    As a 70 year old I thought I had given up biking a couple of years ago but I just had to get back to it so have now got a new Bonnie T100.
    After many years of riding Harleys and big BMWs I had a test ride on the Bonnie with some trepidation even though everything I had heared had been positive. However, I could not believe how fantastic the ride was and since my bike arrived last week Ive already put a few hundred miles on it - just cannot leave it alone. It is without a doubt the easiest most relaxed motorcycle I have ever ridden.
    I had always felt secure on my Harley (except going slow!) but this is a step way beyond that - it cruises smoothly and quietly, is so stable at low speeds and is surprisinglycomfortable. It just seems to do eveything right.
    But of course you all know that dont you?
    Brian
    South Wales

• Like Like x 12
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Hi Brian,many happy miles on your new toy!:)

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Welcome to the forum Brian, Good riding :D

4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Brian.
    Great choice of bike.

5. old git

old git Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    Welcome and enjoy your new bike

6. Bonzo

Bonzo Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2016
    IoM
    Hi Brian,

Brilliant post mate.

If you can, chuck some photos up. We love pics here.

..mainly cos most of us can't read :)

7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Hi Brian, nice to see another younger member to help bring down the average age of our care home. Did anyone mention we like pics?

8. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Enjoy youngun there's a few niggles on the Bonnie forum but I just love my Ting Tong x

9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum. The new T100 is a sweet bike - was admiring this one at the dealers yesterday.

IMG_2433.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  10. Serle

Serle New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.Wales
    Brian,
    A born-again biker myself I have to agree with your Bonny views.
    Maybe our paths will cross at some point in the not too distant future.
    Unfortunately for me, it will have to be outside of normal working hours :-(

11. Muddles

Muddles New Member

Feb 28, 2017
    London/Essex
    From one newby to another, hello. Bbq at yours this summer aye...!

12. Penelope

Penelope Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ludlow
    That's great to know Brian. I'm picking up a Bonnie at the end of March and I can't wait. I've ridden a few different Harleys over the years, amongst other bikes, but now is the time for me to ride something that's a bit easier for me to get out of the garage! I loved the Deluxe for its low seat but in fact I think the weight and bulk in the end meant I just didn't get out as much as I should have and I'm so looking forward to the Bonnie because I know it's more 'user friendly' and therefore I'll use it more. By the way, my family think I'm mad. They're probably right but I don't care! Pen.

• Like Like x 4
  13. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Having owned many bikes albeit 30 years ago, the Bonnie is the best all round bike I have ever ridden.
    Great handling, loads of bottom end torque, plenty fast enough and definitely user friendly.
    You will love it, if you find the suspension a bit hard, upgrade it and save jolting your spine on every pot hole and bump.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    You're obviously in the right place here. Make sure you recommend us to all your other nutty mates.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brian1

Brian1 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    South Wales
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  16. Brian1

Brian1 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2016
    South Wales
    Ive added a pic of my new Bonnie somewhere here (above/below??) Riding the Bonnie is so much easier than posting photos! Good luck with your new Bonnie Pen.
    Brian

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #17 Rich Bryce, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    I do like that burnt orange. My choice if buying. Afaik all the 1958 export bikes were in a similar colour scheme, or at least the ones to the States. It got dropped I think because our colonial cousins over the Pond weren't so keen.

btw, if you click on full size image it will show as, you guessed it, a full size image in the post. ;)

Brian's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Welcome.

I bought my T100 last October and agree that it's a fantastic bike. I've had all types of bikes from most of the manufacturers over the last 40 years since I was 16 and the T100 is one of the best.

No other bike attracted so much admiration and nice comments!

I was out yesterday in the sun and got loads of smiles and thumbs up from car drivers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yorkie199

Yorkie199 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    North Lincolnshire
    That's a lovely looking bike you're going to love burbling around on that

20. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Welcome Brian!

I picked up my first Bonnie this winter and I can wholeheartedly agree with your riding impressions.
    It is one of those bikes, you don't want to put back in the garage but just go on cruising forever...

Anyway, enjoy the upcoming spring-season on your bike and many entertaining hours with us here on the forum :)

Daniel