Finally got one..

Discussion in 'Thunderbird' started by kev w, Jan 11, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kev w

kev w New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    After being given the keys to a storm a few years ago while my ducati was being serviced, (iam sure those triumph salesmen do it on purpose :wink:) I knew it was the bike for me. must admit I was trying not to enjoy the experience, but when you've got a grin from ear to ear it was only going to be a case of when I get one... anyway I traded the monster in for a 2011 tiger 800.two years ago, which is a superb bike and if the mrs didn't already have 2 bikes in the garage, I would have 2 as well. (lack of garage space) grrr. So just before Christmas on a visit to local dealer in dorset. there it was and I just had to have it. a 2014 storm with the 8 ball ltd edition paint. and now ive got that ear to ear grin back again. just gotta wait for the weather to warm up a bit as the oldish bones don't like these cold days anymore.. ps will put a post a picture when I work out how to do it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Congratulations on the bike, fourth symbol from the right above the box where you type text, click it and you can upload a picture direct from your computer hard drive. You don't have to use a picture hosting website unlike some forums

3. kev w

kev w New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    #3 kev w, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    ok thanks will give it a go. 015 (4).jpg

015 (4).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. PJT

PJT Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Leicestershire. UK.
    Very, very nice indeed.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hello and welcome to the forum - cool looking bike.

• Like Like x 1
  6. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    #6 folkbloke, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Welcome to the forum and if all goes well in the next few months I might also be swapping the America for a TB :smile:

And I forgot to say it was the same for me. I took my Tiger in for a service and the salesman suggested I take a Storm out. I should have bought it there and then but was a bit wary of spending the money at that point. I still wanted a cruiser though so ended up getting an America a year later. A fine bike that has been very reliable and taken me over 14k miles in 18 months but a Thunderbird is still top of my list.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kev w

kev w New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    know exactly what you mean about being wary about spending the money as it doesn't come in as quickly as it does going out! but when I saw this bike I thought stuff it if I don't do it now I might not never.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JACKO

JACKO Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Well done Kev! That's a cracking looking storm.

I got mine back in Aug last yr after a speed triple 1050, I also have 8 ball paint on my storm too. I have done over 1k miles before winter came and have same experience with the grin! You wait till it's run in, they go like stink.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    Very nice :upyeah:

The one I rode had that horrible silver vomit look paint job.

Not really sure what Triumph were thinking about when they thought up that one :wink:

10. kev w

kev w New Member

Jan 10, 2015
    yeah I know the one you mean, the other half wouldn't let me have one in those colours,