America Final Upgrade - Ttp Stage 1 Performance Upgrade

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Suffolkbumpkin, Jul 27, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    Having decided to keep the America at the very least for the next few years decided to treat it to the TTP upgrade. The bikes warrenty was up this month so having used the booster plug to good effect in this period (well the last 6 months) there was no reason other than cost not to do this upgrade.

If anyone wants a booster plug for an America/Speedster pm me. Happy to pass on at a reasonable price, open to offers.

Anyhow back to the reason for the post the TTP upgrade. Its a cost no denying but having installed it there is real gains to be had low down and in the middle torque range.

Bike now pulls away silky smooth, no chugging at low speed because I am in 3rd still or 2nd when 1st was needed, bike will cope fine with being in 3rd or 2nd in this situation now. Bike really wants to pull and no detectable flat spots that I can notice.

My aim was to get a more tractable engine mainly for 2up riding as wife and myself have a combined weight of 25st then add luggage. This upgrade has clearly helped that. So very happy.

Install, well as usual less haste more time reading would have helped but I did it all in an evening. Thankfully the America has easy access to enable removal of O2 senses and changes to air box.

My two mistakes were, one forgot to delete the O2 error codes during remap so engine fault light remained on. Which caused me concern at first until I realised my mistake and deleted them. Second was TTP instructions suggested I move the barometric sensor to max airflow into airbox. So I did a point of no return action only to realise my sensor connector could no longer reach to the new location for the sensor. (Clearly my bike has a slightly different wiring loom to the one TTP used). Anyhow after a good bit of :eek: then :oops: managed to solve it :)

Wife has agreed to a tour of Scotland next year so happy days.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. SUPERGRANDAD

SUPERGRANDAD Noble Member

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    #2 SUPERGRANDAD, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Hi. I would be interested to hear more about this booster plug ? Not heard of this. Could be interested if there would be some gain to the machine which you seem to indicate there was.
    Ken.
    Found the website, interesting. I have a long trip 2 up and luggage coming off soon so I should have a better idea of how the bike performs. But I could well be interested in you plug. Especially as you only live down the road. :)

3. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    The booster plug definitely made pulling away smoother along with cornering. It also reduced the pops and bangs from being so loud and often after having the long tors fitted.

In essence it gives better fueling I found.

The other major benefit was that it was plug and play, takes minutes to fit and less to take off. This was a good thing as I did need to make a claim under warranty. So was wise not to do the TTP until after the warranty expired.

4. SUPERGRANDAD

SUPERGRANDAD Noble Member

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Sent you a reply, sounds good to me.