Feckin Useless Doctors

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dilligaf, Aug 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Just in case it hasn’t been said anywhere, the system for outpatients, inpatients, primary and secondary care is rarely designed by doctors. The healthcare trusts have been under significant financial pressures over the last 20 years and undergone service design over service design... buying into management technologies with compromises because it looks cheaper on paper.
    The doctor’s hands are often tied when it comes to treatments because their options are restricted by NICE (the Clinical Commisioning groups won’t pay hospitals for non-NICE recommended treatments)
    All that being said, some Drs are fecking useless, but issues around service delivery are usually a combination of government and senior managerial decisions leaving middle management struggling to cope with systems not quite up to the task.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    You sure the doctor didn't just tell you to man the feck up but you don't wanna share that with us? :p

Sorry Dilli, but I did post some sympathy early on in this thread, now it just feels like a typical Dilli multi page thread designed to keep us in suspenders! :D

Hope you get some news soon mate :heart:

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sign of the times I fear @dilligaf . I hope you get sorted soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve had a call from them this morning :)
    Face to face meeting next Wednesday :confused:

• Like Like x 10
  5. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    At least tha gettin to actually see somebody, and not just speak to someone over t'phone. Ont flip side thaz got another week, in pain, to wait.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well that's progress I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Progress, even though a little slow moving...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Good News Dilli .... you're on page 7 now mate! :p:D:joy:

At least you have a proper appointment now, maybe a proper diagnosis? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    #109 Rocker, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Yeah page seven what a waste might as well make something for the tiger while we're waiting :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #110 TEZ 217, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    I agree at this rate he should consider making a side car for his use :D:D:heart:

PS Nae worries marra I'll be your chauffeur on post office days :D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    d3624a7507aa903e045db1f69e415bc9.jpg

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Did you have that face to face meeting today, Dilli??? If so, I hope the news was good. Or at least provided some clarity on what's going on and how to treat it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah it was basically a physio session but he reckons I’m gonna need more than just physio :confused:
    I’m now also waiting for an appointment to see someone else about getting some injections :confused:
    I have problems with rotator cuff’s in both shoulders and my left shoulder is frozen :tired_face:also neck problem that needs sorting :confused:

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I think they need to amputate??? upload_2020-8-27_9-16-57.gif

• Funny Funny x 8
  15. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Good luck with all that matey!

DS

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hoping for a full recovery for you mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Holy moly, Dilli. No wonder you're in such a state and so much pain. :sob: My ex is an upper extremity surgeon so I know the score on your problems. And I had a frozen shoulder myself some years ago so know personally how painful and debilitating that is.:( I would think that your neck problems is related to those shoulder issues. Seems to me that you definitely need to see an orthopedic surgeon. I just spoke with a friend who had rotator cuff surgery with the same surgeon who did my elbow and she's had a very successful recovery. Hopefully the injections will clear up your frozen shoulder. I started with physio on mine and it barely made a dent plus hurt like h*ll. But I had one injection that cleared it right up for me. I was pissed they didn't just start with that. The "they" in that decision to wait and do months of physio was my ex's. Hmmm.... :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve been asking for years to get injections for my shoulders but oh no gotta wait until I’m crying with pain and can’t pull my Feckin pants up before I get anywhere :mad:
    Just had a phone call from the hospital to see someone about the injections on 8th September hopefully I’ll get them done that day rather than another Feckin appointment at a later date :confused:
    Apparently they’ve been reluctant just lately because they can affect your immune system and they’re obviously worried about this Covid shit show:(
    Understandable I suppose:confused:

• Like Like x 5
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the update. I guess I can understand their reluctance related to the injections but there are always trade-offs and you sound positively miserable. Not in general, mind you, Dilli. ;):blush: But related to your health/pain. I'll keep sending those cross-pond good vibes. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Ridiculous that you have had to wait so long. I don’t rate doctors very highly at all for the exact same reason (sorry if there are any docs on here I have offended). The amount of times you go to them
    With an ongoing issue and they just wave it off. Its not them in pain :mad: I hope it all happens on the 8th for you. Long time to wait though:confounded:

• Agree Agree x 3