Farnham Surrey Theft

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stollydriver, Jan 2, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    A member of Rocket 111 Forum has had an attempt to steal his Rocket 3 GT. The scumbags left the bike damaged in his garage..... Screenshot_20220102-153406_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220102-153418_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220102-153429_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF WTF x 2
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    shysters. Thankfully repairable through insurance?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Vile people. At least they didn't manage to take it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'd be interested to know what scared them off and stopped them finishing the job. They obviously couldn't lift the bike out of the garage and that little disc lock did it's job. I wonder how many of us don't use a lock because we keep our bikes in a garage. Makes you think.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I hope the twats get caught, although that is unlikely.

Poor fella having his pride and joy wrecked. Makes my blood boil.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Probably just some non-violent "poor SOB" down on his luck only looking to score some drugs. It's society's fault, really. : unamused:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

@Helmut Visor - If you don't see the comedic relief I just dropped there, go take a look at one of my more recent rant thread contributions.

I'd be the first person to crease that thieving prick with an axe handle… repeatedly. A buddy of mine had parts taken off his Harley right downtown here 2 days ago. I was parked right next to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    The more deterrents the better! Sad as it is, most bikes will sit at home waiting to be used for much longer than their wheels are rolling on tarmac. I’ve got my strongest setup at home with at least 6 interventions to get past if you don’t count the garage clutter that loving members of my family feel they can deposit with impunity...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    As you have asked, I face palmed it because you can't leave discussions in the posts they started in, you seem to feel the need to leak them into other unrelated posts that others have started : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Really? I wasn't aware that was a habit. How many other times have I done that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Let's get back to the poor fella that has gone down to his garage to see his pride and joy on its side and damaged. Makes me feel sick that you can't leave something - where you think is safe - and some idiot breaks in and damages your possessions.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #12 Ducatitotriumph, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    To me, it looks like their grinder gave up on cutting the disk?
    Hopefully, the turds get caught but unfortunately, I think they will probably try again. It’s a gorgeous bike so someone probably knows it’s worth.
    I’ve got a ring camera (linked to Alexa that tells them “movement detected” as soon as the door opens ) and the noise/siren starts, throttle/brake lock, Oxford beast chain and lock (on the back wheel), litelok (around the front wheel) and a zovvi noise/ movement disk lock on the rear disk (very hard to grind out on the triple due to its location).
    Lastly, neighbour is retired and in all of the time so keeps an eye out.
    Unfortunately, Even then, I wonder if it’s enough if they really want it.
    Oh wait, what if my neighbour is the thief? Never thought of that..!?

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    What a real bummer. Don't know what i would feel like if it happened to me. I do hope it all gets sorted via the insurance and the creeps get caught. But even if they do they get a tap on the wrist and told don't do it again. Yes boils my blood.
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Okudama

Okudama New Member

Jul 28, 2023
    Seattle
    #14 Okudama, Jul 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    I really hate when something like this happens. It has happened to one of my friends, too. That's when she decided to hire a personal protection bodyguard and let me tell you, he was like a real-life action hero! He not only rescued her from a dangerous situation but also scared off those scumbags. It's incredible how these professionals are trained to handle these tough moments and keep us safe. Remember, we need to look out for each other and take extra precautions to safeguard our belongings. Stay vigilant, everyone!

15. Skullface

Skullface New Member

Aug 18, 2021
    Quebec
    Oh man, hearing about theft attempts just makes me furious! It's so unfair and violating when someone messes with your prized possessions. My friend from Ukraine went through something similar not too long ago. She was devastated after her car got targeted by thieves.

16. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    They’re not people. They look like people but are a different animal. We need to stop seeing these creatures as people. They are not.
    The best thing to do with them is to exterminate them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    upload_2023-7-28_16-8-31.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1