Falling Off It!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by TonyG, May 2, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Bit late, but hope you get sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Well, the legal team said someone would call me, and indeed they did, somebody from Plantec Assist who are 4th Dimension's rivals, so basically just the same deal, nothing about me choosing the repairer. I explained again I didn't want to just be allocated a faceless repairers who are hand in hand with the insurers. They said they would put me through direct to the insurers tomorrow after I said I had been on hold for a total of about 3 hours today on a charged line.

Plantec reviews didn't seem quite as bad as 4th Dimensions. Spoke to Triumph Dealer Jack Lilley who are happy to quote. Interestingly, when I described the damage they said they just replace everything, so the small dent in the tank will just result in a brand new tank at £750! Daft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    That’s why such an innocent little incident often results in a bike they class as uneconomical to repair and write it off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Funnyfarm

Funnyfarm Active Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Hampshire
    I was offered to use them (4th Dimension) by my insurance company so i did some digging and to many bad reviews and shoddy repairs so I decided to take the bike to the main dealer to assess and inspect. written off in the end anyway.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Sorry you had the fall and now the insurance and repair hassles. Thank you for sharing what happened since this helps us all to understand more about riding. That's a seriously long stint with zero falls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I fell off a few times in my 1st couple of years, but nothing too serious, slid off a Suzuki GT550 and a T140 Bonneville as it happens. In fact I almost completely severed 2 fingers when I was 15 on a Honda step through of all things. I haven't had a bike accident since about 1979 though I think.

It shouldn't get written off, even a new tank, engine casing, and speedo, plus fitting should top out around £1,500. Bike is in excellent condition and must be worth about £4,000.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I think I might just go with Plantec assist, can't find that many bad reviews. They repair rather than replace if viable, and the tank is a one off blue colour that I'd like to keep if I can. Also, I guess that way there's less chance of a daft write off. Insurers won't pay above their estimate anyway, so unlikely to agree to dealer's full replacement quote.

8. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    First contact from the underwriters - why didn't you inform us you had changed the mirrors on your bike. Bit of a worry!

• WTF WTF x 2