Explorer starting with no key.. and other electrical magic... :(

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Beertastic, Apr 25, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Beertastic

Beertastic New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    London
    #1 Beertastic, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    My 2014 Explorer has had electrical issues since day one.
    this morning, she wouldn't start. But here are some other gems that have happened recently...

Key out and the bike starts.

Bike shows 0Mph when moving.

And this morning, the bike wouldn't start, and hitting the kill switch didn't turn off the lights or remove the gear indicator led as it typically does.

Oh and also the engine light comes on and stays on sometimes.. but then not the next.. with no real pattern that I can spot.

I'm still under warranty, but no triumph dealer can see me for a month, so i'm bikeless, can't get to work and a bit clueless as to what to do next... other than wait.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Find a good exorcist!
    Sorry not helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome - agree with crispey but not very helpful!

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Beertastic, are you saying that the dealer who sold you the bike can't look at it for a 1 month - on a nearly new bike? !!!!

5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

:mad:Tell them that you are going to be sat on the bike outside the dealer that sold it you and explain to everyone going in why you are sat there and why they should go some place else !!!

Soon get your bike sorted !!!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Beertastic

Beertastic New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    London
    #6 Beertastic, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    @thebiglad - Yep. I got it from Blade Swindon. I live in Central London.. so my local dealer (Metropolis, Vauxhall) and Blade Swindon both have a months wait period. getting it shipped to Swindon would cost me money, but I could get RAC break down to get it to Vauxhall no worries.

Mate of mine reckons that there's a breach of the supply of goods and services act of 1982 (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1982/29) in that I purchased a product (a bke) to perform an advertised purpose (riding?)... and it's not doing that, so they're not in breach of that. they've not said NO however, just not yet...

However, the attitude on the phone to both dealers has been polite, but ultimately a 'we're busy, get off the phone' vibe.

Not impressed with the service or the product and can't shake the fact that I'm about to do a 6-8000 mile journey around Scandinavia and now I've no confidence that my 'new' bike will make it. i'm very tempted to sell up and get a Honda
    :(

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Get on the triumph hq uk social media sites with your probs, funnily enough you usually get a quick response

8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    So you get a large piece of cardboard with the words

I bought my bike here

It's bust

They won't look at it for a month

Then stand outside of Blade and see what happens, you could also tell the local press what you intend to do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Totally agree! They can't sell you one of Triumph's premium motorcycles then drop you - it's just not right!