Tiger Explorer Explorer 2016 Tyres

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Jade Dragon, Jun 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jade Dragon

Jade Dragon New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Spain
    Hi guys I've worn out my tyres after less than 10000 miles from new. Is this normal? Thinking about other options, particularly Pilots. I live in Spain and don't ride in the wet except when caught out so wet grip is not an issue.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    :confused:

2. itchyfeet

itchyfeet New Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Stonehenge Wiltshire
    I'd say that you have had your moneys worth. Most motorcycle tyres regardless of the type of motorcycle generally last between 4 to 6 thousand miles for a rear and double that for a front. So a new front every other rear. Wet grip does not normally mean you can have longer lasting tyres as you will find tyre fitters will only recommend proper fitment for the type of bike including its weight and top speed and choice may be limited.Most modern tyres are dual compound meaning that the central core or band is harder wearing and the outer edges are softer for grip when the bike is leaned over. To have done 10 thousand on a rear I would have expected the rear to have squared of significantly.

• Agree Agree x 4