Expensive First Service

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by JD_Lincs, Sep 1, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ian Massey

Ian Massey Teddy4755
    Subscriber

Nov 2, 2022
    Plymouth
    Hi JD. I’ve bought two new bikes from Triumph Plymouth. The 1st was a new Tiger 800 XRT in 2018, in 2021 I traded it in for a new Tiger 900 GT Pro. Both initial 500 mile services were labour free, I paid for the oil & the filter only.

2. JD_Lincs

JD_Lincs Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Here
    Hi all - incredibly, today I finally heard from Triumph UK - they said they'd had an issue with their email service so those that posted about not getting a response, that would seem to be why.

Anyway, they said they are looking into it and will get back to me. Interestingly, I never got the survey paperwork after the purchase and also never got the customer copy of the purchase contract (though my dealer said he will make me a copy if I go and look through my folder there and show him what I didn't receive).

PS - decided not to bother with the larger drive sprocket as the QS does a good job and I got used to the standard gears

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I didn't get charged labour on my 600 mile service at Fowlers in Bristol :cool:

4. Allan Robertson

Allan Robertson New Member

Jun 22, 2022
    East Kilbride
    Had my trident in to Edinburgh Triumph for its first 600 mile service yesterday, £50.16.
    Roughly 10 for a filter, 40 for oil, 1.20 for plug washer, no labour.

• Like Like x 3