Tiger 1050 Expansion Tank

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by In my own world, May 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    #1 In my own world, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    2 days ago i changed my radiator cap due to not knowing how old it was. I did lose a bit of water removing it. I believe this is from the expansion(recovery) bottle tube that runs to the rad. Testing the antifreeze my tester said the antifreeze was up to spec. Now i filled the expansion(recovery) bottle with distilled water to the low mark as it states in the handbook when the bike is cold.
    Since doing this i have ridden about 500 miles and upon checking the water level i notice the water is still at the low mark in the bottle and no antifreeze has mixed with it.
    The bike sits at 5 on the temperature gauge, The same as before i changed the rad cap. Should i have seen any antifreeze in the expansion bottle by now like a car or is this normal?.

2. In my own world

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    so no one knows?

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    If it has not got hot enough to overflow into the expansion tank then contract as it cools you will see no difference. The only question in my mind was how much did you lose? A dribble or half a pint or more?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. In my own world

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Now more than a coupe of tea spoons

5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Sleep easy......