Exhausts Without Mapping?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PapaLazarou, Jan 2, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PapaLazarou

PapaLazarou Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Dumfries
    Hey Folks,

In the market for some after market slip ons. I used to ave some nice scorpions on my street triple and would use them again but im sure ive read that the ones i'd buy for my 2017 Speed Triple R wouldn't need an engine remap?
    Can someone confirm his to be true? Also does anyone know of any other exhausts that don't need a remap? It would be handy of i didn't have to pay for a remap after shelling out for some new exhausts.

Stay Safe

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #3 Ducatitotriumph, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    I know that mapping is fantastic to get bikes 100% correct but am I alone in thinking that its not worth the hassle for normal road use?
    Personally, I like the pops and bangs it gives without it and it seems to be more problems than its worth after modifications?
    I know that to get optimal performance its a certain but it's for the road and a bit of a fluffy pickup is worth it to me than fudging up the ecu for an extra 2% ooommph?
    I had a PCM on the busa after I fitted a full akra titanium pipe and de-restricted it and regretted it since.
    It coped fine without it.
    This isn’t a dig in ANY way but ecu reflash really seems like a way to dig a bigger hole?
    It seems to be a requirement that more likely than not, isn’t really required in the real world!??
    Sure, it’ll work on some etc to stop pops etc but in the old world, it was WHY you changed it (the end pipe)!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    A lot of the reasons for suggesting a remap is down to most modern bikes running a lot weaker fuel mix than they used to due to emissions, so adding a free flow exhaust could make things a little too weak at certain loads however I doubt that most of these exhausts or replacement silencers are genuinely free flow enough to warrant much of a change in the map....but this is just my opinion based what I have read....give me a recent bike and a wideband lambda sensor and I could tell you for definite.

• Like Like x 1