Tiger Explorer Exhaust Recommendations - 2014 Explorer Xc

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Paul Coupe, Jul 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Hi all

new to forum after just buying a mint low miles Explorer XC with just about every option fitted, except for the Arrow end can. Mine wears the standard heavy end can.

I would like to shed some weight from the bike (every little helps!) and am considering in a few thousand miles perhaps swapping the end can for something a little more fruity, but still legal and not likely to cause issues with European tours. Current mileage is only 7K so I'd like to put a few thou more on the engine before swapping anything over.

I'm engine tuning savvy and know that if you alter back pressure, gas flow and intake (on their own or any combination of those) then stoichiometric values can change, torque and power curves can change and not always for the better.

There are loads of after-market options most of which claim "no re-tuning needed!" which isn't the same thing at all as "no fuelling optimization needed!"

Has anyone a recommendation for an end can which they've tried that doesn't significantly alter tuning, engine performance or makes the engine run lean, which also liberates a bit more of that lovely triple growl?

I've so far only liked the looks of a few, including a few from Scorpion, Delvic and Pipewerx but have no experience of them.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not got an explorer but Triumph seem to fit arrows and have their own map for them. Although some say the later models will self adjust. The noise isn’t too loud and The baffles are removable so you can customise the noise to your taste by cutting bits off it.

3. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Thanks crispey. I looked at the arrow but they're asking too much money for it plus there are a fair few reports that the map supplied may not be optimal as it drops fuel economy down into the mid 30's as an all round average. I may bite the bullet and fit one I like the look of then take it to be dyno checked.

4. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Ok...sorted. Spoke with Triumph and as an alternative to Arrow, they strongly recommend Remus (Hexacone model) as apparently the bike should fuel well with one of those fitted. Not the cheapest option but looks well made and it has EC approval and is UK road legal. No re-map necessary as they dyno check against the model used, but Triumph say that they work really well with the Arrow map (presumably with dB killer removed). Will keep an eye on plug colour when I get a few miles on it.