exhaust/decat gains?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by franky, Jun 11, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. franky

franky Well-Known Member

May 22, 2016
    uk
    Gearing doesn't alter the feeling of torque.

2. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    But it will change the acceleration feel thru the gears at a slight loss to top end for about 5% of the cost of a set of Arrows. You won't make up that 30BHP difference with a set of cans and a remap on a Speedy.Sounds like you are talking yourself into the MT10 (nice bike BTW) or the S1000r.... with a set of cans and remap on one of those bad boys!!:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. franky

franky Well-Known Member

May 22, 2016
    uk
    I reckon anohther 5-8bhp at the wheel would do it.

4. franky

franky Well-Known Member

May 22, 2016
    uk
    Well, thanks all.

I'm think i'm going to go for the speed R. Just with a set of noisy cans. I've got a project bike to finish that hits the need for grunt..... I had a sudden thought and remembered it and thought it through.

Should be 180kg, it makes 172bhp at the wheel and 100lb/ft of torque on a dyno pro.

5. Bill

Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2016
    gloucestershire
    I have a set of arrows going that have had the cat professionally removed. When I had it supercharged, it was first making 200break and after two weeks, it was down over 25break! all down to the cat. I have just put it on the site for sale. it is now turbo'd and a hell of a lot better than a super charger! do not use Richard at tts as he does nothing to the internals and sets it up as a naturally aspirated!!
    I'm now running around 180 bhp but the difference in torque is immense.

if you want a speed triple that will blow off sport bikes. buy mine?

• Like Like x 1
  6. franky

franky Well-Known Member

May 22, 2016
    uk
    Out of interest, what sort of money would that be?

7. Bill

Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2016
    gloucestershire
    I have spent over £7000 on the engine (receipt for £7248 to be precise) now i didn't spend this to make money, in fact I didn't intend selling it at all. i built it for me and to be reliable. My bandit 1200 was turbo'd 6 years ago and has covered over 18,000 miles, been round Europe several times and is still going strong.
    The majority of people think turbo'ing a bike is just for the drag strip and needs re-building all the time. that's why I used jack at holeshot racing. I told him I did not want a dyno queen, I wanted a reliable every day bike that could blow off most other bikes..
    I'm rambling now. in short a john bloor special addition in very good standard condition is probably worth between 5 and 6K. add a couple of grand and that's what I want?

• Like Like x 1
  8. franky

franky Well-Known Member

May 22, 2016
    uk
    Sounds interesting but I've got a special that makes the same poke, I think i'd be happier the new bike and its better build quality and rolling chassis/looks.

Good luck with the sale though.

9. Bill

Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2016
    gloucestershire
    cheers,
    it was running 200 but i've turned it down a little as most people were put off by the power! it is designed to run between 200 and 220.
    if i spent another 5k on gearbox and clutch, it would be putting out 320 at the back wheel, the same as my bandit. when the bking is done, that will be running 550, although i'll turn her down to 400 as you can't use more than that on the road without a long swing arm and then you can't go round bends!! what's the point in that??
    my bandit will raise the front wheel off the throttle, off the clock. if you keep her open, she will flip.
    I would suggest you ride a turbo. once you have there is no going back to a normal bike. they all feel like mopeds..

10. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    quick vid of my Pipewerx exhausts

11. Clark E. Graebner

Clark E. Graebner New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Florida

12. Clark E. Graebner

Clark E. Graebner New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Florida
    I have a 2017 Speed triple S and the
    Triumph Speed Triple Arrow Low Boy 3:1 Exhaust System A9600387.

Does anyone make replacement tips for this?? Mine got scratched on the carbon fiber....UGH!!!! PLEASE HELP!!

exhaust(002).jpg

13. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Motorcycle road and race website I think it’s called they supply tips clamps etc,may need a pic or part number but stock arrow spare parts,google arrow spare parts and it will come up near top of page.

14. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    #34 chuk, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Depends on how deep scratch is it may be repairable,MCN done a guide on repairing carbon mudguard,you can buy replacement carbon end cap and you will need the black rivets also but the website sells all you need.