Exhaust choice on Speed Triple r

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by mart6061, Jul 30, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mart6061

mart6061 New Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Merseyside
    Just ordered new speed triple r. For various reasons had to make a quick decision on accessories and ordered slip-on with removable baffle.

I did fancy the lowboy but am concerned about mot in the future and noise level without a baffle option.

This will be a daily ride so I need to consider the neighbours a little.

I haven't heard any of the exhausts in person so in interested in your experiences. I am keen on a manufacturer supplier system so limiting myself to arrow.

Anybody been disappointed with sound from upgrades cans or regretted a selection because they are too loud.

Yours, a very excited soon to be triple owner.
    Martin

2. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    I think I would be more interested in weight and performance than how loud a pipe is. Even the performance is secondary when riding on the road. Funny how your priorities change as the years roll by.

3. Carter

Carter Member

May 26, 2016
    Brough
    Have twin arrows on my 2011r. Have seen some folk saying they're to loud with the baffle out but for me it's far from it.... bike before was a blade with a racefit black edition, now that's loud.
    Would love to match that on my speed and make it sound a little more aggressive.

4. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    I have the double arrows on 2016r, and pretty happy with it. Not too loud.

5. mart6061

mart6061 New Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Merseyside
    And do you run with the baffles in or out.

6. mart6061

mart6061 New Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Merseyside
    Thanks Carter. That's probably were I want to be, on the upper limit of acceptable. Martin

• Like Like x 1
  7. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    I have not removed the baffles yet, actually going to soon as I find it fairly quiet with baffles. I come from a Ducati Panigale, now that's proper loud. Not sure how the baffles on these arrows come out??

8. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    They are a very tight fit. Check if there is a small screw holding them in, mine didn't have but they still required some effort to remove them. Most peeps take the cans off and use something like a broom handle down the tube in the direction of the gas flow to push them out.

9. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Welcome Mart,
    I doubt you'll find them too loud without baffles. I took them out before fitting and never had the urge to put them back.
    If the dealer's fitting them before delivery I'd suggest you ask them to remove the baffles first. Much easier for you to slip them back in if you do find them too loud.
    Don't forget, make sure the dealer gives you the OE cans and link pipe (+ the baffles and screws for the Arrows).

10. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    I went for the accessory Arrow lowboy on my 2016 R.

I was a bit concerned that it might be too loud but it's definitely not. The sound is just perfect and it looks good, as well as dropping lots of weight.
    If you're near London you're welcome to come and listen to the sound.

11. Gary T

Gary T New Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Great yarmouth
    Hi there
    I have had my new speed triple r for a month got arrow cans on it with db killers removed sounds awsum I am well chuffed. Anybody fitted evotech tail tidy with arrow cans does it fit ok. Gary

12. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I have quill twin pipes on mine I didn't want to follow the crowd so chose something different they sound fantastic image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Very very nice

• Like Like x 1
  14. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    It looks good and as mean as F##k

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    I ran twin high level SC Project on a Monster 796 & they looked fantastic.
    Looking at SC Project for the Speed Triple there's lots of options, starting at 390 Euro for the low can.

Currently running high level Arrows with an Evo-Tech tail tidy on my 15 reg Speed R.

CAM00552.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    I have an evotech tail tidy to fit with high arrows on my 2016 model tonight. Looking at your picture, the indicators look a bit squashed against the exhaust. Is that the case and is the heat any problem?

17. Gary T

Gary T New Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Great yarmouth
    Hi There
    I want to fit a evotech tail tidy on my 2016 speed r I have arrow cans fitted will it fit ok phoned evotech they didn't know if it would.
    Help me please!!

18. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    Well I am going to try tonight... will update after!

• Like Like x 1
  19. metalgod23

metalgod23 New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Kent
    Ok finished fitting the evotech tail tidy and it fits, with the arrow high cans, but just about. The stock indicators are very close to the carbon end cap on the exhaust. I think it should be ok. Took me about an hour to do. Quality item and miles ahead of likes of R&G. Every individual part came seal packed separately and they even included a free LED torch. Came with led plate light and reflector +bracket. I did not retain the rubber padding/spacer that was underneath the stock tail, seen in the last picture. Removing it probably helps with the indicator clearance to exhaust. Instructions on evotech website is very clear. Finally happy with the result and worth waiting for.

WP_20160811_20_14_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20160811_20_14_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20160811_20_21_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20160811_19_16_26_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. jonesy

jonesy Active Member

Mar 26, 2016
    worcestershire
    That's fantastic. Been thinking of ways to mount a plate above the indicators on the standard bracket as I don't like the way they normally look with a tail tidy fitted but that looks f@@@@@g great . Time to order one !!
    Thanks for the post and pictures

• Like Like x 1