European Certificate Of Competency

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by JDStriple, Aug 31, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JayWynd

JayWynd New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    World
    Tell your Misses I am from Southern California.
    LA area.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darren womack

Darren womack New Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Bordeaux, france
    Just been following this thread as I'm also mid way through getting my carte grise for my UK reg tiger 800. It's going ok up until now when ANTS have asked for a longer tvv number that is on my coc and the v5. Any ideas where this is found guys?

3. JayWynd

JayWynd New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    World
    No I am not certain.
    But I have finally heard from Triumph Uk, they have asked for these to be changed on my 2018 T-100 California model so a COC can be issued.
    Cat Box(not sure on this as Cal smog laws are ridiculous and this bike has an extra box on it anyway)
    Tyre label
    Update ECU
    Instrument Change ( not sure why on this either)
    Handbook UK version
    Have not priced yet as Local Triumph has been closed.
    So jury is out!

4. JayWynd

JayWynd New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    World
    Hi
    Got my DVSA set up but am needing to change out Headlamp for a Left Hand Looked at adapting the existing and it is a no go as far as I can see. Any help with this one other than buying the lamp assembly.
    cheers

5. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Most motorcycle headlamps are not left or right dipped these days, are you sure you need to change that?

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Darren, I've not come across this TVV no. do you know what it stands for?

7. striple765

striple765 New Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Portugal
    Hey all, sorry to reopen this thread, but I'm trying to import my Street Triple from Canada to Portugal. I've contacted Triumph but its been 4 weeks now with no reply.

How did you all contact them? I'm not sure if the office is closed because of Covid, or I'm using the wrong address. I tried [email protected].

Anyone imported from North America to Portugal(or europe) and know what changes the bike needs?

Mandatory tagging of @thebiglad as you seem to be the expert!

Thanks

8. Chiccogarz

Chiccogarz New Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Berlin
    Hi "Thebiglad, I was reading this post as I need to register my Street triple RS from USA in Germany. I read from your post that I need to request it to Triumph Motorcycles, Hinkley, England. The question is how? I went on the website and I found only one email address "[email protected]". Is it the right email address to write to? How have you applied for a CoC?

Many thanks in advance

9. striple765

striple765 New Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Portugal
    @Chiccogarz I eventually got a reply from [email protected], but also messaged the after sales email address of the destination country and the country I bought the bike.

In my situation, Canada -> Portugal, they were not able to issue the CoC and I have to go through the homologation process.It might be the same for you.

10. Chiccogarz

Chiccogarz New Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Berlin
    #30 Chiccogarz, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Hi @striple765, thank you for the info. I have written to both emails and there is now a case open at Triumph. What do you mean by homologation process?

11. striple765

striple765 New Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Portugal
    It differs by country but it’s the process used to ensure your bike confirms to European standards. The CoC lets you bypass it as it certifies your bike was manufactured to Euro specs.

You need to take it to a government inspection. They will check things like emissions, sound level, tires etc.

Longer and more expensive than having the CoC.

12. Guy On A Bonneville

Guy On A Bonneville Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2020
    Washington

13. Guy On A Bonneville

Guy On A Bonneville Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2020
    Washington
    Does anyone have any insight on the emissions?