Eu / Gb Rear Number Plate

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curly, Apr 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    #1 curly, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Had it on for a few years now to comply with requirements when we were going to Spain for our holidays.
    Quite sad to remove it today and replace it with the original, plain home market plate.
    We obviously didn't make it to Spain last summer, in fact we made it to nowhere, and the chances of making it this year look slim to nil.
    I've stored it away in the shed, fingers crossed I'll be re-fitting it, or something similar, with a purpose in the not too distant future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    Hi Curly ,must say I never gave the EU circle with the stars a thought. So what are we supposed to do now, replace all our reg plates minus the stars?

3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    As far as I understand you cannot put the EU circle and stars on a new reg plate but you can keep it on existing ones. Also you will need to have a GB sticker when going abroad, as in the good old days!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Make sure you comply in France, they use British motorists as a cash cow, and have done for years, the figures are staggering