Engine Oil

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Valk100, Jun 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You pay's your money and takes your chances. I am sure they are all fine running on car oil, but again, what is the incentive ????
    [​IMG]Car oil 5l - £24.95 [​IMG]£22.95

[​IMG] Bike Oil 5l - £22.99

I like Miller Oils, always used in the bike, and now often in the cars (unless Tesco has an offer on a quality oil near to oil change time).

I wouldn't put supermarket own-brand oil in a car, never mind my bike and that is the only thing your going to make a significant saving using over a bike oil. So why would you ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    In my case the specification of the gtx is more than acceptable for my older bikes, I buy it at a lot cheaper price than what you've posted and if I'm ever stuck for some it's readily available in most stores or garages.
    It works for me without taking any chances ;):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I had to laugh out loud at that - very funny :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Today, I will mostly getting out of the right side of the bed :kissing:

5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    FB_IMG_1496422920065.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    You sound like Teressa May, no deal is better than a bad deal!!
    Hope the oil is cheaper after brexit because im sick of putting wilko car oil in!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    You sound like Teressa May, no deal is better than a bad deal!!
    Hope the oil is cheaper after brexit because im sick of putting wilko car oil in!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    You sound like teressa May
    No deal is better than a bad deal!
    Hope the oil is cheaper after brexit, sick of this wilko car shit.

9. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    Jesus multiple posts, three for one, just like the oil!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hells bells Billy, have you got the hiccups :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Valk100

Valk100 New Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Surrey
    Hi All
    Thanks for all your help and advice the only reason I asked this question as I have used car oil for over 14 years in my Honda Valkyrie with out problems with clutch slip was just checking if the Explorer was any different as both bikes have wet clutch.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You just caused all this trouble and you already use car oil in your bike !!!!!:eek:

Bloodyhell !!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::joy::sob:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Billy the giant

Jun 6, 2017
    Leeds
    what, kofi anan was going to have to join the forum shortly to sort this out and you have been using it for years. And it wasnt even a bloody triumph!!
    Wohhha

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Youre obviously using the old precept of:
    Tell em,
    Tell em youve told em,
    Tell em again

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    No clutch slip recorded, but what about the four engines he's blown up ? :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I done some black ops research, turns out Valk100 is actually admin on the 'other' Triumph forum, and they've heard that we aren't all a bunch of 'use the search function, dumbass' twats on here, so he's come over to spread discord and generally troll our wee site !!!!:dizzy:
    He's on a Triumph jihadi, to turn us infidels against each other !:skull:

If he pops up in tyres asking what is the best cruiser / speedie tyre, and telling us Metz Marathons are brilliant, or that he runs a car tyre on his Valkarie - we definitely know !!!!:scream::scream::scream:

Screenshot_20170606-162839.jpg

@Valk100 - I know your no really, please don't take offence;):laughing:

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hahahahahahahah&haha
    Waiting till I got in from work and was gonna make a point of backing up those in this thread that say it's ok to use car oil(it is) but mate you've done it for me :p Pissing myself laughing that you've answered your own question and you didn't have to ask in the first place....priceless mate...priceless
    Dozersdad I take my flat cap off to you for taking the time to dispel this urban myth...well done...:heart:...it just shows that if something is said enough people start to believe it without finding out for themselves :rolleyes:
    Much of this kinda stuff is based on hearsay,pub talk,forums,media and of course clever marketing ;)
    How many out there have x amount of used spark plugs from various bikes they've owned lying about in their garage,tool kits etc?
    Clever marketing persuaded you to change perfectly serviceable items! Chuck em out! But you/we don't cos they might come in handy...hey why don't you carry them with you just in case (come on be honest we're all guilty)
    Put your hands up if you have ever blown out an air filter with a compressor ......shame on you, you devil you :imp: clever marketing would have you throw it in the bin and fit an overpriced new one :confused:
    Last bike I had was a first generation Fazer thou, when I got it I did oil and filter on it because it had about 5 owners and no service history, checked spark plugs (ok) then set about the important bits tyres,brakes and suspension
    I owned this bike for 7and a half years and only used consumables tyres,pads and a few chain and sprockets topped up engine many a time with car oil no problems at all :p
    Valk100 please think of another question mate
    Make sure you already know the answer though and then we can sit back and watch the fireworks :eek:
    As I said priceless mate :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    and now for a spanner in the works.in the harley owners manual it states in caps ONLY USE GENUINE HARLEY OIL but incase of emergency use high quality diesel oil......... tee hee :joy::joy::joy: well that explains why when I was riding mine I started waving at tractors

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Great post dilligaf, I don't think anyone will ever suspect that you're encouraging the 'innocents' to seize their engines up and then you and DD can snap them up cheaply.
    Well you're not having mine you scheming pair of buggers.
    Castrol 4T racing oil changed every 200 miles for me! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    More passion has gone into this thread than all the election campaigning added together.
    I love the banter on this forum, what's our next controversial subject brake fluid ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1