Engine Oil

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by In my own world, Mar 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Dear Iamamug,
    For 20 easy payments of £19.99 we can totally change your vehicle :imp::poop::skull:
    We’ll even throw in some self correcting indicators

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

No mate, I subscribe to Ryan’s YouTube channel, I like the cut of his jib. But it is one of his recent releases

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    LOL! still going on then......when i think back to when i first started riding in the sixty's there where no motorcycle oils you had mono grades that you put in your 30s Norton etc and multi-grades that you put in your more modern bike IE Triumph/BSA.....and Royal Enfield...that came out almost as quick as you put it in;)
    Now you can pay two or three times the price for the same oil (minus some of the friction modifiers) for the same oil with the bike bike pic on the can, its a bit like my comment about plug types...oils are developed to resist friction and have been doing so for donkeys years very well, but now they want them to last longer so you dont have to get your service done so often (but not too long;)) so all the additives are there to make the oil keep its qualities longer and keep you engine cleaner its just that the motorcycle oil has some of the good stuff removed to stop the more prone clutches from slipping, (so you could read that as am i really getting such a good deal;))
    However i am sure that there are friction materials out there that the motorcycle manufactures could use that would make using motorcycle specific oils not necessary...loosing millions of £ worth of extra revenue in the process...if i ever get a modern bike i will be using a cheap semi synthetic car oil that wont make a wet clutch slip i can, simply because i have used the same oils in engines making well over twice the makers power figures without problem...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Come on guys, I don't think we're trying hard enough here to get DD on his soap box again!
    : unamused::kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh

You can actually just use a good quality extra virgin olive oil. That's all bike and car oil is anyway, just with added food colouring.

Though be careful, do NOT use sunflower oil.
    That would just be silly.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK

Don't you mean caster oil.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Showing you age now mate.:p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Caster oil, or Rake oil, won't that adjust my trail?
    But then this could all be just Snake oil.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Olive oil... ?
    upload_2019-4-25_13-13-32.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Extra Virgin?
    I am sure Popeye popped her cherry though :eek:o_O:joy: