Engine Not Running

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by David Miller, Mar 10, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Miller

David Miller New Member

Mar 10, 2021
    Virginia
    I am looking for some ideas on what to do with my Triumph Legend TT 900. It was running in the fall and then with spring coming up I went to start it up and it is not starting on its own. I replaced the starter, pulled the tank and petcock and cleaned those, and stripped down the carbs and deep cleaned those too. The bike will start with starter fluid but will not run. Any thoughts on what it could be?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    David Miller
    Check all the rubber manifold rubbers. Also get some carb cleaner in the tank and fresh petrol. Take the plugs out and pour a capful of fresh petrol down each port and try to start and just let it tick over if it does to get the fresh petrol through. I imagine you have checked all the bits like fuel pump and that.
    Joe.

3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Howdy David :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. David Miller

David Miller New Member

Mar 10, 2021
    Virginia
    I will give that a shot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jac

jac Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Nevada,USA
    I had similar problems on my 600. Fuel pump was the culprit. Didn't pull plugs or anything. Fresh gas and some injector cleaner additive she fired right up. Remember to turn the kill switch on and back off to circulate plenty of gas through your pump, lines, and jets. you should be able to hear it. I killed and switched on 6-8 times after replacing pump and always twice when cold starting. Cheers, happiest troubleshooting!