Engine Management Light

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Simon Owen, Jan 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Not using a knock sensor seems pretty daft to me as aside from any performance advantage it stops the ECU adjusting to using lower grades of fuel which is why they are used in ALL car ECU systems from the early 80s
    so knock becomes a real problem...in fact to me it seems totally ludicrous as if an engine is labored in a high gear an engine will almost certainly knock and considering the shear amount of numpties about these days .....:eek:

Apologies for taking this thread so far from the original subject.

2. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    Mine came on last weekend after long winter lay off, just trickle charging. Trouble starting but got away to Builth Wells for great weekend in the fountain, not knowing it could be some time to next guzzle? Wouldn't start on return trip but got it running. Halfway home and the dreaded light came on!
    Stripped away all electrics I've added over the years, ie, alarm, 4 ways,and DRL's, started up no problem but light still on?
    As it was on the centre stand and rear wheel clear of the deck ran through the box and eventually the light went off. Delighted to not have to bend over for the dealer. Water in the electrics, never good! Hope this helps someone out?

• Like Like x 1