Engine Bars / Guards

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Bonne Phil, Oct 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bonne Phil

Bonne Phil Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Romford, East London
    I am thinking of installing Engine bars / Guard on my T120 Diamond Edition. Partly to save the engine from a drop and partly to facilitate Highway pegs. I suffer from sciatic and after 300 miles the old legs start to moan.

Anyone fitted bars to their T120, whcih one, how easy? I'm thinking about Chrome as ithey are for a Diamond edition.

Bonne Phil

2. EJB

EJB New Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    I put on SW Motech bars, I like them quite a bit but they might not work the best for highway pegs, I think they would be too high but otherwise would recommend, well made, I like the look. They were easy enough to mount, I didn't pay much attention but Triumph uses Torx bolts, I only noticed once I was ready to add them. Not a huge problem in the world of Amazon, just a couple day delay to ship the sockets. You have to move the gas tank out of the way to get to the top set of bolts and it's a little fiddly due to lack of space but with a little patience, it's an easy job.

https://sw-motech.us/bike/TRIUMPH/B...oducts/protection/crash+bar/4052572178430.htm

3. Bonne Phil

Bonne Phil Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Romford, East London
    Thanks EJB, comments noted. I've had a cruise control fitted and have a Madstad screen on order with the intention of doing a bit of touring once the world opens up again, so highway pegs are going to pretty important. Or reduce the daily miles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GmanJeff

GmanJeff Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Virginia, USA
    I also added SW-Motech bars to my T-120, and have been pleased with that choice. The dealer fitted them for me, as I was a bit concerned about engine mounting bolt removal and replacement as part of the process.

CrashBars2.jpg

• Like Like x 2