End Of Week One

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by NZ Westie, Aug 31, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NZ Westie

NZ Westie Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    So I've had my Street Twin one week today.

There's been plenty of rain, but I've managed to avoid it and clocked up 485 km. Just did my first decent check of the fuel consumption today (returned to the same fuel station, same pump and filled to same level)), comes out at 3.8 litres/100 km (US 61 mpg, UK 74.3 mpg), which is not bad at all.

Tomorrow should be a nice day, bit of cleaning and polishing planned, will use some ACF-50 on some places as this bike is a daily ride, so will be getting wet plenty and I want to make sure there's some protection on it. I've always used WD40, but the ACF-50 always seems quite popular with people and has very good write ups and specs, so I will be interested to see how good it is. There's nothing nasty (ie salt) put on roads here, so it is just moisture protection I am after.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Westie,
    Any tips on the ACF-50 application? I watched a utube and mine arrived on the weekend ready for clean and application

3. NZ Westie

NZ Westie Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Waitakere, New Zealand
    Nothing specific, have been following what others have said about it.

Warming the spray can before use(I bought the aerosol spray can)
    Spraying some in to a soft cloth and using this to wipe on to areas - took the seat off on weekend and wiped around welds on frame, bolts heads, seat release mechanism etc.
    Haven't used it much yet - but I think one method that I will use is to spray a little in to a small container (empty yoghurt pot?) and using a little artists brush to paint it on to some areas, like bolt heads etc. Used to do that with WD40 and it works well, lets you put it only where you want it.

We don't have the same harsh conditions in NZ that plagues those in the northern hemisphere where they salt the roads and stuff, so hopefully we shouldn't need to worry as much as they have to.

• Like Like x 2