End Of The Biking Year That Never Happened

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curly, Oct 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Bike freshly MOT'd, SORNED and bagged up and in the shed until next March.
    I'm not feeling exactly great about that.
    Hope next year turns out to be a whole lot better than this one.

Curly

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    I don't have a car... never wanted one of them

the RS gets used all year round until the ice starts forming.. then it's on the buses and home deliveries....

always loved motorbikes in almost any weather.... besides, even up here in the NE we do get nice days in winter when it is a joy to get out and blast the cobwebs away

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Got a 7am ride planned with my buddy on Wednesday morning... full on waterproofs needed, but better than a stout kick in the bollocks!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I ride through the winter that's what the TDM is for it's good to potter about not worrying whether you've got to the edge of the tyres and the roads are quieter especially near the coast

• Like Like x 2
  5. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I'm lucky enough to have 3 motorbikes at my disposal the moment. My Tuono and the Thruxton will be Sorned at the end of the week, but I will keep the VFR800 road legal and hope to ride it on sunny (or at least bright) days through the winter months. Heated grips, EDZ Merino wool T shirt, long Johns and perhaps a Keis Heated under jacket should assist in keeping the cold at bay together with frequent stops at cafes for tea and biscuits (should the COVID situation allow) will be the order of the day.:)

• Like Like x 5
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    The new Tiger will be used all year round (apart from the obvious snow or ice situations). Once salt is on the roads it will be a wash regime similar to Littleades and a lot of Scottoiler 365!

The R nine t will make selective runs on clear dry days - We get more than you think! :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Not up near Rainy City we don't. :(

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I've just retaxed the Berg and about to do the Z so all 3 will be road ready. I once tried SORNing the Z over Winter but missed it on those occasional nice dry days you can get out for a mid Winter blast so I'd rather pay the tax. I put the Z and the new SS on a multibike policy in June. The Berg insurance is due next month so that will be going on the same policy. The Berg usually gets the most use over Winter but the SS will also be called up for duty this year. Just got to keep on top of the cleaning and daily maintenance. Some heated grips might be in order too, got them on the Berg already.

• Like Like x 2
  9. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I liked the comment someone made on Face ache on Sunday morning. 'Those who put their bikes away for winter don't need to adjust the on board clock for GMT as they will be showing the correct time again by the time they dust their bikes out of the garage next Spring. ' ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1