End Can Issues Feedback

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Ian Street, Feb 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley
    Can do with u guys feed back triumph UK welching on warranty want to know how many triumph riders have had mechanical issues with an aftermarket end can fitted especially street triple 765 r never heard anything about causing issues ie warped heads valves would appreciate feedback thks

2. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    I’m going to have to guess a little here, a warped head could be the result of severe overheating, if the bike ran very lean this could lead to overheating, it’s possible to induce or at least contribute to a lean condition by altering the exhaust system, however assuming that you bike still had the lambda sensors fitted they should have allowed the ECU to compensate and adjust the mixture to achieve a non lean condition, have Triumph given you an explanation as to why they won’t honour the warranty?

3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Can you give us a little more detail please? What make of end can do you have, do you run it with or without the baffle? Age of bike?
    Have you altered the headers or cat? who fitted it? How long has it been on the bike and what mileage has the bike covered. Has it been serviced and if so by a garage, main dealer or independent?

Sorry if it sounds like an interrogation but give the forum full information and I'm sure that you will get some decent answers

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley
    Thks for yr help the bike has really legal sc projects end can baffle in they say it has void warranty but the exhaust caused the overheating even though we all know that if the lamps sensor and ecu are running correctly it will not run lean which is what they are saying so issue with the bike not the end can trying to deflect a warranty repair if I thought it was this I would not be so angree thks for reply exactly what I am expecting cheers

5. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley

6. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley
    really legal sc projects end can baffle in they say it has void warranty but the exhaust caused the overheating even though we all know that if the lamda sensor and ecu are running correctly it will not run lean which is what they are saying so issue with the bike not the end can trying to deflect a warranty repair if I thought it was this I would not be so angree thks for reply exactly what I am expecting cheers

7. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley

8. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley
    Thks for yr help the bike has really legal sc projects end can baffle in they say it has void warranty but the exhaust caused the overheating even though we all know that if the lamps sensor and ecu are running correctly it will not run lean which is what they are saying so issue with the bike not the end can trying to deflect a warranty repair if I thought it was this I would not be so angree thks for reply exactly what I am expecting cheers

9. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley

10. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley
    Thks for yr help the bike is new 2019 street triple r sc projects Road legal can baffle in fitting no ecu adjustments lamda connected bike should run auto mixture with these I am sure . has really legal sc projects end can baffle in they say it has void warranty but the exhaust caused the overheating even though we all know that if the lamps sensor and ecu are running correctly it will not run lean which is what they are saying so issue with the bike not the end can trying to deflect a warranty repair if I thought it was this I would not be so angree thks for reply exactly what I am expecting cheers

11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    More than three times is a nag. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ian Street

Ian Street New Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Crawley
    Sorry don't do posts get confused