Efi Bonneville Random Misfire Trouble

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mhunter3393, Apr 6, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mhunter3393

mhunter3393 New Member

Apr 6, 2024
    Northern Ireland
    Seeking some advice re my 2010 Bonneville SE efi, misfiring at random throughout the rev range once warmed up, will run fine for a bit then chug then go back to normal and repeat throughout the ride at random.

Over the past couple of years I have removed air box, air injection and 02, shorty silencers with appropriate TTP tune, reset adaptation carried out multiple times.

I have changed coil, spark leads, caps and plugs. Doesn't seem to be any air leaks, have swapped maf sensors and checked hoses etc.

All I can think of now is pickup coil / crank position sensor, I've read many threads on this issue but im seeking some further advice regarding my resistance readings, tested today, cold bike the plug is reading 196ohms. I took the bike for a 20-30 min spin to warm the bike and read the plug again, this time getting 260ohms. Is that within range or would that indicate a failing pickup sensor?

Failing that I could change fuel filter but I'm not overly concerned with fueling, any other suggestions much appreciated before I give up on the thing.

Thanks.