Thruxton Eeek!

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by TonyG, Feb 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Did about a hundred miles today after its 1st service, about 5 miles of that was on a wet road. This is what you get with a tail tidy and a chopped down front mudguard, style over substance but wouldn't change a thing. Glorious ride though, up to Marlow and across to Aylesbury then home.

Son might be earning his pocket money tomorrow.

SAM_0772.JPG

SAM_0773.JPG

SAM_0774.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s why I love summer days after dry roads for a couple of weeks:)
    Spent too many hours cleaning Moto-x bikes to enjoy it now

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    TonyG
    If I were you I'd be changing that rad guard for something more substantial. You get muck and grit plus salt its plays havoc with those fins.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

4. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I possibly saw you today, heading back from Aylesbury towards Amersham after 4pm

If you fancy a ride out or a get together this spring, drop me a line.
    There are a few on this forum in the surrounding area

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Red Thunder
    You know I would love to tag along if you sort something out. There is a few of us around perhaps we could get some sort of meet going.
    Regards
    Joe.

6. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    You do know that riding your bike in inclement weather invalidates your Triumph warranty? :p
    Took my new Tiger out for it's first run on Thursday, I made sure I rode between the damp patches and salt particles though, so as not to void the warranty.....:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Could have been me if it was nearer to 3pm. I'd love to meet up for a run, often ride up to On Yer Bike in Bicester for a bacon roll, some lovely roads around there.
    I'm hoping most of the salt was washed away by recent rain but you are right, I have used my motorcycle in inclement conditions and Triumph cannot be held responsible!
    Cheers