E10 And Fuel Prices

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littleade, Mar 12, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    Fulled the car up today and got quite a shock at the price per litre-thanks Mr Pootin
    20220312_145411.jpg

Anyway having noticed a distinct drop in fuel economy using the latest E10 shoite at only 4.2% more I thought stuff it I'll put super unleaded in it as I'm sure the drop in economy using Greta's stuff is more than that so it actually makes economic sense to use super unleaded now. Might give it a bit of extra oomph in the old skoda too.

20220312_145411.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Sheeesh , that's bit over $3 a ltr !! We are only topping off at $2:09 at the cheapest station in Northam , $2:31 at the dearest !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I paid £1.59 for E5 SU this evening at a local Morrisons filling station. Diesel was £1.62, up from £1.52 last week. A BP station, less than 1/2 mile away was charging £1.73 for diesel. Some retailers are just pissing up peoples' backs IMO.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    You can save $0:30c a ltr by driving as little as 300 m in some areas of Perth !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

#5 Golgotha, Mar 13, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2022
    $4.30 for regular here in the Atlanta area. AFAIK gas prices are at an all-time historical high here in the US.

I didn't have a discount card last SUN while grocery shopping. Been working out of town for a few weeks… and I couldn't care less. So as per usual I asked the person behind me, in this case a late 30's housewifey-looking gal, if I can use her card so she gets the grocery points and I get the various discounts. Always works.

As she cheerfully began agreeing and brought forth her little keychain card, like a gunshot the 3 people behind this chick as well as the person gathering their grocery bags in front of me suddenly sprang to life and waved their cards in the air emphatically proclaiming "Oh I will, I will!!" Never seen anything like it. It was like their lives depended on it. Turns out some specific gas station chain out there honors these points and you get a significant discount on fuel. I had no idea. Mind you last SUN regular-grade fuel prices hadn't even cracked 4 bucks yet.

Gas prices have been going up like a helium balloon for the last few months. Putin has very little to do with this latest spike other than being a convenient scapegoat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    We saw diesel break the £2 barrier yesterday at one place :eek: and unleaded not far behind....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I saw ultra diesel at £1.81 on Thursday and £1.95 at a different station on Friday. Heard on the radio that U/L was £2/lt in Kent, probably those robbing bastids on the A2 just out of the port:mad:
    How do they get away with upping the price at the pump before they’ve had a delivery? It should the same fuel at the same price so how can they charge more for it:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    Same thing over here, and we're a big exporter. Cheapest petrol is now 1.97 UKP/ltr.

So4n4J8p6GMVRT7e0mSqegTQ7OIO0wwH2yC-4Lwe_vDw.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    This was happening before Ivan the terrible started his latest invasion. Boris wants all of us plebs to walk, cycle or use the bus. The wealthy can afford electric cars, the rest of us can go f**k ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Funnelli

Funnelli Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Tonbridge, England
    And I don't remember that being part of his manifesto!
    Abuse of power?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Please get this sorted before June................

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    Brent oil barrel prices in USD last three months. OPEC decisions regarding increasing production or not will decide what will happen now. The Emirates' statement last Wednesday that they wanted to increase immediately led to the drop in the curve.

Screenshot_20220313-112640_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Another annoying trait I've noticed recently is the lack of disposable gloves at many pumps. That really gets up my pipe. The "gloves" at our local Morrisons station are little more than very thin polythene sandwich bags with the outline of a hand printed on. WTF! At these prices we should get a free pair of Marigolds with every fill up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

Just like the covid is mysteriously going away on this election year, I predict there will be a significant drop in fuel prices just in time to effect the NOV US election, in like SEP/OCT. The shitlibs are in big trouble at the polls and they know it. This guy, and his minions are absolutely pathetic and ineffective. A big shift to the right is a very real possibility. They will do WHATEVER it takes to get things swung in their favor, however. "October surprise." Both sides do it. It's business as usual, really.

If that happens, it will be temporarily. Prices will go right back up by the holidays. The lefties in this country don't give a FUCK about the middle class… fact. And as more than one non-US buddy of mine has observed- what happens in the US effects the entire western world.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    The government controls the fuel duty (which hasn't risen) but the markets set the prices of crude.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I see the ROI has reduced the tax on fuel for the time being. The wholesale price of fuel is certainly a bit of a windfall for the tax man but why couldn't there be a floating rate, based on a fixed revenue target so that, as the wholesale price goes up, the tax rate comes down but the revenue stays the same? I also think the wholesale price should be set for the whole country and published so that we, the consumers can see which filling stations are being fair and which are just taking the p*ss.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster

Agreed and the government gets the extra VAT on the increasing pump price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    In France we are over 2 euros/L (gas and diesel).
    French government just put in place a 15ct rebate per liter, effective 1st of April, until prices stabilize down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    We are at € 2,30 a litre (unleaded), with a € 0,17 rebate announced for April 1st.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Yes, they must be raking it in.

• Agree Agree x 1