Dumb Question On 2017 T100 But I Don't Have A Manual

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by David Reynolds, Sep 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Reynolds

Jun 26, 2020
    Browns Valley CA
    On the lower left portion of the ignition, just below the fork lock icon, there's a 'P' with three little lines fanning out...what does this do? deactivate the electronics if the bike is to be stored for awhile, maybe?

2. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    file:///C:/Users/OfficePC/Downloads/Modern%20Classics%20Owners%20Handbook%20%20English.pdf

You can download manuals (as above - make sure this is the correct one for your bike).

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think If you turn your key to this position, it puts the steering lock on and parking lights, try it it won’t blow the bike up....... or will it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    I've not checked the manual but it could be P for Pyrotechnics Mode...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    That's parking lights, and you want to be careful that you don't accidentally engage them instead of just applying the steering lock.

I say that because it's what i did yesterday evening. Thank goodness the bike started first turn of the engine this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Reynolds

Jun 26, 2020
    Browns Valley CA

7. David Reynolds

Jun 26, 2020
    Browns Valley CA
    Thanks 'learning' yeah gotta be parking lights for sure though this seems like a relatively useless feature, one which could result in a quick battery drain if you're not paying attention.

• Like Like x 1