Dual Disc Street Twin Upgrade

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by David A Wright, Aug 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David A Wright

David A Wright New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Preston
    Hello Guys. I have a 2019 Street Twin. Have fitted High-flow air filter and Decat from TEC bike parts. These have improved throttle response ant acceleration. A pair of Hagon 2810 progressive shocks replaced the god-awful OEM units. I will also be fitting a TEC progressive fork spring kit.

When i was in my local triumph dealers last month I spent some time looking around various twins and it looks to me that several parts should be interchangeable between the models. . My thoughts are to fit dual calipers to the front. The obvious solution would be to use a fork lower and disc/caliper from the Speed twin along with the lever /master cylinder set up. The dealers were very reluctant to provide any information. So has anyone on here have knowledge of this upgrade?

2. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    All it takes is money. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    I simply installed fully sintered brake pads (EBC HH) on my 2018 Street Twin. Made quite a difference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. David A Wright

David A Wright New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Preston
    They are the best! I will definitely be doing this a starting point.

5. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    Yes. Low cost and definite improvement.

6. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    I’m late to this thread but I have the same question. It’s a spendy exercise but I’m putting some spoked wheels on the Street Twin so I’d hit it in one punch. interested to know of the Speed Twin forks fit straight in.

7. ian650

ian650 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Telford
    Seems I'm late to this thread too!.
    I have a 4 pot Brembo caliper/floating disk conversion for the Street Twin which I'm seeking due to change of vehicle. It's basically a straight forward swap of parts with a slight reroute of cable and house. The kit cost over €400 but I'm selling for £80 Inc post. It's done about 3000 miles. I have included photos on here before it you can look up in for sale.
    I managed to get hold of one of the last floating disks from Triumph which was a good improvement over the original disk. I have that for sale also, virtually unused no mileage on it apart from movement in the shop .

8. Jimalmighty

Jimalmighty Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Dorset
    Interested to see a pic for sure

9. ian650

ian650 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Telford
    IMG_20190211_153418458.jpg

10. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Doesn't the 2019 ST have the same Brembo front setup as the Street Scrambler? With the right pads you can stand the SS on it's nose so it neither needs or can use any more stopping power TBH. I'm not surprised the dealer wasn't very forthcoming about swapping brake parts between models, they're probably scared to death of being held liable if it goes pear shaped and "the dealer said it would be OK" is put on the claim form!