Dropped It!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Moe, Aug 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Thats a good idea, which lithium battery did you get? Got the low boy, so maybe get some ti bolts?

2. fzr162

fzr162 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Keighley west yorkSHIRE
    Hi the battery l have used is a JMT the number is HJXT14H FP-SI. I also removed the battery clamp and used a cable tie. The bike is completely different.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ccr32

ccr32 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2018
    London
    This is the one I have in my Speedy:
    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/248800

Can't complain about it, caveat what I have said on another thread about Li Ion batteries and cold temperatures...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    #44 Old phart phred, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Having nearly dropped my 2 week old street triple on a slope with sand on the pavement my left foot slid, and I caught it within a hair of the point of no return. Having just bought a lithium ion battery for the sv650 that was 9 lbs lighter at the start of summer, I am seriously considering one for the triple. The way I see it, it's a superior long term battery, it removes 9 lbs mass leaveraged up high on the street. When it starts to tip it's easier to catch, as you must resist both the mass and the momentum. Also less likely to tip over on soft ground.
    Costs about $120 USD, bike is now more flickable and you have effectively added at least 1 hp. Great performance mod. ? For you when shite happens, can you at least buy a bar end mirror and lever for $120. Just talked myself into it. How powerful is a 1 lb lithium ion battery pack - I removed 59 lug nuts torqued at 450 ft/lbs on my caravan. One lug nut required a 7 foot cheater bar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fzr162

fzr162 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Keighley west yorkSHIRE
    To add to what I put earlier I have just fitted a lust racing 40mm lowering kit for Mrs fzr. She's made up with the results, says it's like her street rs was to manoeuvre now.

6. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Nice job.

I've been alright wih the height of it. Once I've had rhe bill for my blade ill see if theres any change for a shido battery