Driving Position Sensation Speed Rs ? On Or Inside ?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Tomeu, Apr 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tomeu

Tomeu Member

Jan 8, 2019
    spain
    Hi, I still have not the opportunity to test a Speed RS and I would like to know the sensation.

do you feel like you are riding ON the bike or you feel like you are INSIDE the bike ?

I'm 1'70 tall 5.10 ft.

thanks in advice !

2. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    I’m sure everyone has a different opinion, easiest way to satisfy your curiosity is to ride one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tomeu

Tomeu Member

Jan 8, 2019
    spain
    yeah, sure. I would love to test one !!!

but the motorcycle dealer has no unit to test, and I don't know anyone who has a Speed Triple :(

4. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    It's like making love to a beautiful woman.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I would say more on top than inside. It’s an absolute brilliant bike to ride. You can cruise comfortably as well as ferociously attack corners. I feel is an all rounder for sure.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    All over very quickly

• Funny Funny x 8
  7. Andybow

Andybow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Uk Exeter
    Speak for yourself!
    My last ride lasted easily 30 seconds as was epic, yes I know, I’m a god

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    It's great . You are on the bike but on a very good way perfect bike for the road .

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sideburn

Sideburn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    On, not in. I feel in would imply a considerably aggressive ride. That said it isn’t upright so you do feel you could rip corners and the balance is very good. The rear saddle is higher so if you let her rip you’ll get caught my the rear of the saddle!

I’ve ridden a lot of bikes and this thing corners like a dream and feels lighter than it is. The weight is surprising low compared to other bikes in this class. For example the BMW S1000R didn’t feel that great to me in comparison.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tomeu

Tomeu Member

Jan 8, 2019
    spain
    well, everybody speaks really good about this bike, I wish I could test one, next week I'm gonna try to find one to test.

thanks !

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Well, you are asking people who own the bike in a Speed Triple forum. :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tomeu

Tomeu Member

Jan 8, 2019
    spain
    True!
    Nobody talks bad about triumph here? Everybody is happy with the triumph?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    In all honesty it’s truly an amazing bike. For the street I wouldn’t trade it for anything. With more than enough power and all the modern electronics, it really is a complete package. But, you will have to see for yourself. One new owner recently bought the bike then sold it very quickly, as it didn’t have enough power for him. The list of his previous bikes were high performing super sports for the most part. So if that’s your cup of tea, then maybe look elsewhere.

15. Tomeu

Tomeu Member

Jan 8, 2019
    spain
    I have to say that is the first bike that I want to buy using the head instead the heart.

my current bike is a MV Agusta Brutale 800, it has 126 CV and 81 torque, so I think the Speed is more than fine for me. I have to say that recently I tested an Tuono... too much power for a road I thought it was a waste of everything unless you we're driving on a track, also once tested I didn't feel anything special for the bike.

Previously I had 4 superbikes, but I'm beyond that, and I really like now the naked essence, also I would like to go to a few more motorcycle circuit and I see that this bike is good enough for that.

Hope soon I can test one

• Like Like x 2
  16. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Good luck, oh and welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    On...but tipped forward in a more aggressive stance, assisted by the peg position that brings your feet up and back. Knees are quite bent, and I don't get any wrist or back ache. I'd place it half way towards a typical sports bike position.

I've tried sitting on pretty much all the other naked offerings (erm...motorcycles) at the last few MCN shows, and nothing feels quite like the Speed Triple.

For reference: 179cm 75kg (me...not the bike) ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    I've come from a super sports background, and wish I'd bought my Speed Triple years ago. It never fails to put a grin on my face.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    How’s the seating position compared to the Tuono? I’ve never had the opportunity to sit on a Tuono. They look like a similar position but possibly a little more on the tucked up side.

20. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    The Tuono didn't feel as comfortable to me, but it's very close - Aprilia weren't at the last show I went to, so it's been a while since I saw one.

The likes of the Superduke, MT-10, S1000R, Monster etc all felt more upright (IMHO) - even if they go like stink :).

The Speed just feels so solid - like it's hewn out of granite. I'm very familiar with my son's MT-10, which is a lovely bike, but we both refer to it as 'shonky' compared to the Triumph...there are a lot of very bendy plastic bits and the metal parts don't have a quality feel.

I try not to be a fan-boy and I honestly keep an open mind...but there's nothing else that I'd replace it with. If I were to change, I love the new S1000RR - it look's gorgeous and the riding position doesn't feel too extreme...except I don't want a sports bike.

Dream bike? A Norton Dominator 'Naked' with matt aluminium tank and matt carbon and megaphone exhausts. I'd love one (to keep next to my Speed Triple). I managed to secure planning permission from Mrs T, but cannot raise the funds without selling her car (and some of her other belongings) o_O:worried::confused::p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2