Trophy Driving Light Suggestions Needed.

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Blacktruck, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    I'm a recent convert to the Triumph brand and looking for ideas or suggestions on auxiliary driving lights. I had a set on my MG Norge and they worked well. I am considering a dual intensity LED this time as opposed to the single intensity I had. Is anyone else running a set on a Trophy? Where did you mount them?

2. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Welcome to the forum! I had a 2013 Trophy SE, but it was completely stock, so I can't help with your question. I'm sure someone will come along that is able to provide some information.

3. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Some idea of which model may help someone to give you some suggestions .......

Mk 1 ? Mk 2 ? 1215 ? Se ? all different body shapes

4. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    #4 Blacktruck, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Excellent point you make sir.
    I have a 2017 Trophy SE. The lights seem pretty good as it comes from the factory but living in the land of many deers with a death wish, more light is better. Looking for options on good mounting systems and placement mostly. But ideas or experiences with other lights is also good. I had a set from Twisted Throttle previously. They worked well but were single intensity. I had them on the front fender mount but always thought they should have been a bit higher.

5. Rob the Scott

Rob the Scott Active Member

Dec 14, 2022
    New Jersey
    Same question: I just bought a 2013 Trophy SE. My 2011 Sprint GT had Twisted Throttle dual intensity driving lights mounted on the faring bolts at the outside of the faring, about as wide as the handlebars. They added greatly to the light on the rural roads in NJ that I often ride in the dark (PS. NJ is filthy with deer!). I'm looking for aux lights for my Trophy that help define the outside profile of the bike (for reasons of visibility) and to help spot varmints by the side of the road.
    I've seen aux lights mounted to the body bolts inside the front wheel well, but they are essentially under the headlights. I was hoping for an "outboard" mounting.
    Also, how do you electrically connect the wiring to the hi/lo beam switch?

Any help is greatly appreciated, even if it just ideas for me to explore! Thanks!

6. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Regarding the deer, I did see someone in a UK bike magazine who had fitted an FLIR to his BMW. I could also do with that roudn my way. Bike versus a ton of stag generally does not have decent outcome for either party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Hitting a Deer at speed can write your car off so you've small chance on a bike. I was chasing my mate over the Cat & Fiddle years ago when he ran over a Stoat that almost fetched him off. He was cranked over on a right hander and it went under the rear wheel making the backend step out! He nearly shit himself, I nearly pissed myself.:joy::joy:

8. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    How do you know it wasn't a weasel? Apparently, they are weasely mistaken, but stoately different.

Sorry - I'll get my coat...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Couple of pictures of the extra lights on my sprint gt. Bought a switch from ebay and wired them straight to the battery through a relay. Think they are 10w led - weren't very expensive. The driving experience at night is miles better.

IMG_5564.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG