Don't Want A Covid Vax

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by LouHela, May 30, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    internet.jpg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    Can't believe some of the things said in this post, we all ride bikes next time you go out for a ride will you think I could die or get seriously hurt, so you don't go put your bike away never to ride again. Just do what you believe to be right for you and stop bleating about it. All life is a calculated risk we all play the odds in the hope they are in our favour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Those that are driving the anti-vax movement are making a lot of money out of the anti-vax movement, and are investing a lot of money and effort into sophisticated techniques to get people to follow and share.

Similar to political campaigns.

A lot of the approach is to ignore the statistics (which people struggle to understand) but instead to share dramatic anecdotal "evidence" (which they can understand) that suggests that the vaccines are to blame.

Similar to the Trump playbook, if you spout untruths or part truths fast enough, those trying to correct or clarify just can't keep up, and the hard part is that the clarification isn't as easily digested as the "evidence" that they are trying to debunk.

As a result, the untruths or part truths win out, at least for some of the population.

Rather than berate or abuse those that are anti-vax, we have to understand how they got to that position and realise that that they do believe the position they are taking and are genuinely afraid or scared of what the vaccine might do to them.

I suspect in the end they will be protected from illness by those that do understand the science and the statistics, but calling them selfish and stupid isn't a technique that's likely to change their minds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Cyb;
    My post was tongue in cheek.
    Everyone knows the American tax payers pay for the “Free” for everyone health care.
    Ken

5. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Typical liberal, your entitled to your opinion but I’m not entitled to mine. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn’t make them a conspiracy theorist or a bad person. You go ahead and just keep doing what others tell you, and I’ll keep thinking for myself.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Well, I think you made your views clear! However, I quite agree with you. And why, by the way, do right wing Americans think that the world is divided into 'liberals' (bad) and 'conservatives' (good)? The words mean something different this side of the pond anyway, and most people over here are neither, in the sense that American Republicans use the words.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MTBskier

MTBskier Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Wow someone is a bit touchy, that time of the month eh? Just because my opinion is different than yours doesn’t mean it’s wrong, it’s purely that, an opinion. I too am looking at the science. When the scientists don’t know if or when a booster is required, that shows they don’t know enough about this vaccine. If the scientists don’t know if you have to stick with the same brand vaccine that you initially received if/when you do get a booster, again this shows they don’t know enough about this vaccine. I’d rather not be a test subject, plain and simple. But maybe spend a couple minutes getting your panties out of a bunch before you attack someone and wish ill will upon them when you know nothing about them. But since you went there, fuck off you presumptuous prick!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    The front tubed tyre on my Scrambler used to deflate quite a bit more quickly than the rear. I took some measurements of the pressures over time and confirmed this.

I knew at that point that I ought to replace the front tube as it is generally understood that under inflated tyres can be dangerous and can increase the chance that an accident can occur.

Once I had replaced the tube I couldn't know exactly how often I'd have to pump that one up, but by continuing to measure the pressures I was able to determine that:

1. the front tyre held pressure far better than before so was safer
    2. the pressure reduced at a rate that I'd typically have to pump up again every few weeks rather than every couple of days.

The key thing here was that I didn't hold off until I knew precisely how much better the replacement tube was before deciding that the first one needed replacing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just a heads up for you @MTBskier.. Cyborgbot is allowed to say what he likes because he is a Scientist :joy::joy::joy: and is always right, I think he is related to Dr Fauchi...Dave49 is his rear gunner (literally),These two individuals are allowed to insult anyone on the forum with impunity ... please be careful with your replies as you may find you get banned,Unlike Laurel and Hardy above who definitely have get out of jail free cards...ride safe fella...:no_mouth:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Take your new friend with you on your other forum :) . You know that forum where for some "genius" there trump is still president, Covid doen't exists, and all people not in their alt righty/conspi delirium are "liberals". :grinning::grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Yes, in the UK, calling someone a liberal is a severe insult. Just the word reminds me of such scum as cyril smith and jeremy whatsisname, not to mention all the mamby pamby's. Notice how I can't bring myself to use capitals on their names.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OOPS ... I forgot about you my little French :poop:...thanks for popping in,when your mummy let's you wear big boys trousers then I will respond but for now run along and play somewhere dangerous.

Some of you on here just cannot see how angry and disagreeable you are becoming, I find it morbidly entertaining,
    But you do yourself no favours with the hostility.....bye for now

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    you just can’t keep away, you must be bored with only 4 or 5 posts per day to read on Phonix.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    But the master of irony though.

15. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    The little french gave you a lot of trouble already isn't it ? :):)
    Come back soon, your "I'll be back" pathetic dozerator numero is entertaining.

• Love You Love You x 1
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    jqyrj.jpg c5f.jpg 51638147_1008736299326238_4821378711522238871_n-5851513724.jpg

• Funny Funny x 9
  17. WTF are you on about you pratt :joy:

18. Pop in on a regular basis do you my old cock a doodle.
    By the way you pillock its phoenix not phonix. Is there a law which says I can be on only one forum, Why the aggression towards me, have I offended you in some way,

19. That'll be the day

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    'Words are like leaves; and where they most abound, much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found.'