Don't Like Change! New Forum!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Dayoshir, May 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Only grievance is the ads slow the loading of pages, whilst it detects your latest web pages you visited I guess. Its fine if all you look at is motorcycle websites but if the wife uses the computer I am not really into crochet & style craft ads!!! I suppose this makes a case for subscribing but I certainly dont like being herded into a direction especially when it comes to parting with cash so we will see how it goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    @Rob is there a reason the "Touring" section is now in the out and about along with Rideouts,Trackdays and Spotted:confused:..took me ages to find the "Touring" as it's hidden right at the bottom of the forum pages under out and about,then it took me ages to find a particular thread as the threads are mixed in along with the other 3 categories:confused:..Any chance you can make "Touring" a category of it's own again?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I did it to tidy it up a bit. You can click the Blue Touring tag and it will only show you the Touring threads:

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.42.14.png

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thats a good idea,it might be better if you can have this explained when you go into the out and abouts thread

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thats a good idea,it might be better if you can have this explained when you go into the out and abouts thread,would still prefer a seperate touring section though;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Worse still if the wife sees links to all those other 'motorcycle' sites you really visit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Stop moaning. It's a fiver to get rid of adverts. That's a bargain

I spill more than a fiver when I go to the pub.

Put your hand in your pockets you tight gits and support the forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I know I'm only new but if I was Rob I'm not sure I would bother, seems like he gets a lot of flak.

I've run/own a couple of web sites and believe me they aren't easy to maintain and sometimes changes are forced upon you by the people that host the site. When widgets, plugins or whatever are updated by developers (sometimes you don't have a choice they just get updated) it often then buggers up other bits on a site that worked perfectly before.

It's like a never ending merry-go-round of trying to make sure everything works as it should and it's never a quick fix.

The majority of people seem to prefer the old style site and would rather it was left alone, that's fine but what happens if Rob wasn't to keep on top of the changes, what if he thought 'I can't be bothered with this' and just left it. Then even the old style forum would start to fall apart until it became unuseable and in that scenario who else is there to run the backend of forum and keep it ticking over?

And anyway there's an option to revert to the old style forum if that's your preference.

It's taken a few days to get used to the switch but I think the new forum works well, particulary on mobile devices.

My only objection is why most of th ads directed towards me are for 'single muslim' dating sites?? I'm neither single or muslim!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well I've paid the fiver and it is great not having the ads, just good quality threads. On the new look, I can't remember want the old version was like so all is good in my world :):):)
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  10. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    I don't have any adds as I run Adblock plus, knocks out all the adds on all web sites including news papers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Thruccy Sean, Well said!!!
    Those that run clubs, forums etc. usually find it to be a thankless task, they deserve our support.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    nice one...just downloaded that one:):)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Paid my fiver...! Happy to support a forum that has helped me out of many issues I manage to cause!

Keep up he good work rob!

Is there anyway of me getting the scrambler section unattached from the scrambler one? If not I'll get used to it!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Yes, we can, but don't have enough Scrambler content yet!

In the mean time, you can click on the yellow scrambler tag to filter out everything else...

• Like Like x 2
  15. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Haha no idea!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Just one of the many benefits of subscription. :joy:

17. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    @Rob
    Just a thought ...... is it possible to make the coloured tags accessible from the top of the first page of a subsection as sometimes you can end up searching several pages back before you find a tag to click on ?

For example I was looking for trident stuff and I think it was 3 or 4 pages back before I found a tag to click on, might make finding info quicker and easier

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    Hey rooster what don't you agree with,me downloading or me being a tight b******d

19. bogg

bogg Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    west sussex
    I down loaded this for my laptop as I use it for work the ads are still on the phone,is there a problem with the down load that you know of?? Or do you just want the £5 @Rob

20. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2012
    If you want to remove the ads and support the development of the forum you can subscribe.

If you want to download software to circumvent the ads that is your choice. Just don't come to me when that software is not working properly.

• Like Like x 1