Doh! Been A Silly Being And Lost My Sc Ignition Key!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by robert moore, Jun 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. robert moore

robert moore Nobby

Jul 4, 2021
    Malvern Hills
    :oops:....So I have a 2019 plate Street Cup and I have mislaid the spare which has a tag with the reg on after the bike went in for a service.

Question how do I go about a replacement...do i have to request a new key via the dealer?

Any advice welcomed.
    Mr forgetful

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    The dealer would be the best place to start, they may be able to access the key code from their/ Triumph records

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Robert, look up on the internet for a local mobile key duplicating service, a guy near to me does an excellent service and charges £40 so maybe their is one near to you, otherwise as people have said it is a trip to your Triumph dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    I think you will find that the key has a chip in it coded to the bike So local locksmiths are of no use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Baza, my local guy can programme most motorcycle or car keys, he did one for the RS, they look identical to the OEM ones.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Most interesting. Is he a one man band or a franchise? Also what did he charge you?

7. Meaghan Leigh

Meaghan Leigh New Member

Sep 6, 2022
    Tampa Florida
    Hi,

I've ridden Harley Davidson Street and iron 883. The major difference when compared to the Royal Enfields .

8. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Baza he operates his own 1-person business and charged £60, I'm not sure what distance he covers but suspect he is local only.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Many thanks for that information. Presumably he would be up to doing a postal job if the need arises?