675 Do I Need To Change Headlights?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Popkos, Aug 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Popkos

Popkos New Member

Aug 26, 2019
    Czech Republic
    Hello guys,

I would like to ask you about headlights on the Street Triple R 2013.

I have a chance to buy the Street Triple R 2013 that comes from United Kingdom.
    I´m from Czech Republic, where we ride on the right side (yeah), so I´m a bit worried about headlights.
    I´m concerned, that bikes from UK has headlights set differently than the other countries, where you ride on the right side of the road, so that the lights do not dazzle other drivers.

The question is, if I need to change the headlights or if they are possible to adjust to meet other countries laws.
    The seller has told me, that after a model year 2010 (the facelifted ST3) there is no need to change the headlights, so I assume that they can be adjusted.
    On facebook page Triumph CZ for our country I got replied, that some headlights are possible to adjust and some are only for left driving countries.

Thank you for your help guys.

2. Dave Teece

Dave Teece Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Normally the lens and reflector work together to point the beam a certain way. In the UK we have a stick on film that will help with the issue and help prevent dazzle when we go to the continent.

3. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Not sured of the answer, but the headlight on my 9T is neutral in terms of beam direction so doesn't need adjusting for overseas riding.

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Popkos, it's worth clarifying that the only potential difference we are talking about between UK RHD bikes and continental LHD (Left Hand Drive) bikes is the dipped beam pattern. UK bike dipped beam \___ & LHD bikes beam pattern ___/.

However, for a long time now most motorbikes made in the last 5-10 years have a flat dipped beam pattern, ______ which mean they are compatible with riding in the UK AND europe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1