Do I Have A Problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tosgha, May 9, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    #1 Tosgha, May 9, 2023
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
    Took the 4 M5 dome screws off the back of the clocks on my Speed Twin. They had been threadlocked in by Triumph. Put them back in later and tightened them up but the clocks still wiggle about when you give them a tug. Is this the way they should be or has something come loose inside?
    I am aware that the internal screws holding the clocks are rubber mounted but I have never had cause to attempt to move the clocks about before so I don't know if that is the way they should be.

2. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    You’re not the first to worry about this including me. It seems to be a design feature.

My Street Cup and the T120 use the same gauge cluster and I noticed that it is possible to wiggle the clocks a little when I added Triumph’s auxiliary power socket. I suspect it’s for vibration damping.

Don’t worry about it and enjoy the ride.:)

3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    I agree. They are anti vibration mounted using 3 rubber grommets. Have a look at the parts diagram www.worldoftriumph.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    The single clock on the Street Scrambler is the same, you can move it around slightly which is just flexing the rubber mounts. So long as the clocks aren't vibrating while riding and making them difficult to read I wouldn't worry about it.

5. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Thanks to everyone that responded, yes I did look at the World of Triumph parts list and realised that there was no problem and when I rode it today the clocks were rock steady.

• Like Like x 3