Diy Service

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Daniel Wright, Jul 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Daniel Wright

Daniel Wright Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Cannock, Staffordshire
    Hi I have a 2011 Triumph America EFI had this bike for the last 3 years it had stood for 18 + months I had a Triumph annual service last year and now I’m thinking of carrying out the service myself, it appears it’s mainley a oil service and checking for wear on all moving items.
    I have rebuilt a couple of bikes in the past so have the ability, just wondering if there’s anything more I should know before pressing ahead any help would be appreciated.
    Regards Danny

• Like Like x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Danny, if I were you as well as the engine oil and filter change, I'd be checking wheel/head/swing arm bearings; brake pads and their operation; chain clean and tension; clutch adjustment and change the air filter. Give the battery a good charge up as well.

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The Haynes Manual gives a list of what needs done when, and step by step directions for completing the tasks.

4. Daniel Wright

Daniel Wright Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Cannock, Staffordshire
    Hi thanks the bike is always on a battery optimate 4 when not in use, I am use to old classic bikes but a little concerned about a more modern bike like this in case there is something I miss on the service it’s only done about 4,800 miles, does the electrical system need a regular checkup.

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Not usually Daniel, the only thing to be careful about is battery condition.

6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    As brake fluid is hygroscopic I’d be changing the brake fluid and if the bike has a hydraulic clutch add changing that fluid to the list also.

• Agree Agree x 1