1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Cheers Jez, but I wasn’t either,
    And you won’t get a sarcastic reply for fear of offending others.
    Have a good break.

• Like Like x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Enjoy your holiday mate :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Enjoy your holiday Jez :cool:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Have a good holiday mate :cool::cool::cool:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Have a JOLLY HOLLY JEZ! Get soaked ...... in sunshine, and stoked ........ in whatever lights your fire!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Steve, what great photos! Your stunning location certainly matches the spirit of the "Distinguished" Gentleman's Ride. Our start and finish locations in Tucson didn't have quite the cachet of Wilton House and Rifles Museum. ;) Hope you had a great ride. Looks like you didn't need to slather the Bonnie with that FS-365. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Here are some photos and comments from yesterday's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Tucson Arizona. Our fine little city has raised over $28,000 so far for 2019. In 2018 we topped out at $10,000. The weather was picture perfect. 68ºF when I left the house at 7:00am and at it's warmest during the event it hit 82ºF. When I checked the parent DGR homepage a few minutes ago it indicated that $5,500,000 has been donated worldwide. :grinning:

While not exactly a "modern classic" and most certainly not vintage, I think my Speedy goes quite nicely with my black and white houndstooth blazer and my gloss black Bell Bullit helmet. :) Though DGR "at large" encourages riders to be on oldies and some modern version looking vintage, our fearless Tucson ride organizer welcomes all comers! IMG_4321.jpeg

Such as this sweet scooter! :D

IMG_4342.jpeg

And this is me and our fearless Tucson ride organizer, Nils, before the ride briefing. Nils has organized the Tucson DGR since it started four years ago. RestoCycle is his business--they do vapor blasting to restore aluminum. Inside they had some very sweet vintage Honda six-cylinders all polished up and on display.
    IMG_4346.jpeg

Our Tucson ride route--mainly along the western edge of town and then back across through it centrally. A very nice route for our 100+ group. We had the services of the Southwest Rangers, a motorcycle police organization who donated their services to support our ride. All intersections were controlled by these guys and we only had to stop once in nearly 60 miles. Folks who had to wait for us were all quite patient and kind.

Map.png

IMG_4359.jpeg

Our regrouping / refreshment / and photo-op stop at Brandi Fenton Park.

IMG_4357.jpeg

IMG_4360.jpeg

Thanks to @OsteKuste and his dino mascot, China, I was inspired to get me a ride mascot, too. So meet Javier the Javelina. I'll tell you more about Javi as he travels with me this coming weekend to the Las Vegas Bike Fest. ;)

IMG_4356.jpeg

And our final destination, Barrio Brewery, one of Tucson's first local breweries. Our local Triumph Dealer, Arizona Kawasaki--KTM--Triumph, was one of the main sponsors in addition to RestoCycles. I met a lovely couple at lunch for whom this was their first group ride ever as they just started riding a little less than a year ago. They loved it and are now firmly in the motorcycles fold! I just love the motorcycle community. Even the crotchety curmudgeonly among us. ;) :joy::joy::joy:

IMG_4362.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 10.42.39 PM.png

• Like Like x 10
  8. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Haha, I'm afraid I did! It rained on and off all morning, particularly at the first stop. It really poured down on the way back to Salisbury but then the sun came out at the end.
    These guys got a real soaking along the way!
    20190929_104059.jpg 20190929_104119.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  9. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Great pictures Sandi, really jealous of that blue sky! Annoyingly, that was the weather we had all the previous week! :mad:

Here is Chelsea, our ride organiser, and her Metisse Mk3 Desert Racer, (still hand-made to order and based on Steve McQueen's original frame design).

20190929_134208.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Love the mascot!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Is it just me? I cannot, for the life of me, see any back brake on any of those three choppers .... unless those rear wheel sprocket carriers are actually small, drum braked hubs. The green bike does have what appears to be an hydraulic cylinder on the back brake pedal but, heck, if the left side of that that rear hub is the brake drum, it's tiny!

12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Great pictures and commentary about your day at the DGR, thanks for sharing. :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Happy Holiday mate :sun::cool::p

14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Now you mention it!
    Only got pics from the one side unfortunately. 20190929_104114.jpg

15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Steve, I'm sorry to read that it did rain after all. But kudos to you for getting out there in spite of the wet weather to raise money for a great cause! Yeah, I'm sure those guys got a good soaking. That'll happen when you have NO FRONT FENDER! :eek::p
    Glad you got at least a bit of sunny skies! :):sun:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ooooh, Chelsea's Metisse Mk3 Desert Racer is spectacular! Thanks for the great photos, Steve. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, OsteKuste! You and China were my inspiration. :grinning: I chose a javelina because they are part of our southwestern desert wildlife. And because everyone think they are pigs (aka "Hog" -- Harleys -- you get the idea) though they are peccaries and not true or traditional pigs. Anyway, I also thought about his name and came up with Javier for the alliterative quality as well as the Spanish language influence and Mexican border proximity we have in southern AZ. And I call him Javi (ha-vee) for short. :) P.S. Mr. Sandi, Annie, and I spotted (well, Annie spotted them first) two medium-sized javelina in a wash right near our house on our morning walk yesterday morning. I think it was a sign that I chose the right travel mascot. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    P.S. Is Chelsea's helmet a Hedon?? It's bee-yoo-tee-ful!

19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    From the pictures it looks like the rear sprockets double as brake discs, @Adie P .
    A bit like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I think it is Sandi :cool:

• Like Like x 1