Featured Dirt Ride, Crash And A View

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Armando Morales, Feb 14, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Armando Morales

Armando Morales Noble Member

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Saturday ride
    Only 10 miles on dirt roads, very fine dust, sometimes quite deep it felt almost like mud, with the front and rear tires sliding, it was making incredible dense dust clouds.
    The road goes from Atemajac, Jalisco, Mexico to the edge of the sierra, our objective was to get to the lookout, and we eventually did but ti took some work.
    On the way there s GS had a flat, another BMW was no longer detecting the wireless key lucily he had a spare battery, and then I fell, I think the front tire got into a rut hidden by the very fine dirt, I was doing fine and the next moment I had fallen on my left side, It hurt like hell, my elbow dug into my rib cage, but other than the pain I was ok, nothing broke, guess the shoulder protection did it's job.
    I stayed on my knees for some time recovering my breath, my legs, gloves, boots were half-submerged in the fine dirt, my buddies finally realized I was not praying but had fallen down and came to help.
    The bike had a handguard broken, and today also found on the welds on the panier mount is broken, the left mirror got loose and that's it, after stalling the engine on a downhill the check-engine came on
    So 10 miles took us about 90 minutes, on the way back a couple of the guys on the GS also fell down one had the bike on his ankle and he was sore for a while, another also hit his rib cage and today still complains of pain.

Me after the fall
    ed95524b-9ac3-4e89-ada0-6b274828850b.jpg

How the Tiger looked
    3977f974-fdd2-4287-91e0-728094e0221a.jpg

At the lookout taking a photo
    6063592d-a872-4864-b40d-50543ca2cd92.jpg

The view
    DSCF5580.jpg

Today I spent the day cleaning the bike and all my gear, epoxy the handguard, scanned the bike and deleted the error, during the week I'll take the panier mount to be welded

Thanks for reading

• Like Like x 17
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    OMG! :eek::dizzy::scream:
    Fortunately, nothing more happened to you and your colleagues! Further "healthy" trips! Have fun when cleaning your bike!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Great pictures. Glad to hear no serious or lasting damage to you or the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Armando Morales
    Glad you are not to bad and will recover quickly. Great pictures.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Ayee caramba, amigo! Sounds like an eventful trip; looks like an epic opportunity, and by all measures was an adventure!

Great write up and lovely pictures - thanks. Hope you used an airblower first to get rid of the dust!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    You’ll laugh about it in the pub for a few years now! :cool:

Thanks for the good read.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Armando Morales

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Thanks for the comments, some of the dust blew off once we were on pavement, but it is sticky ! After washing the bike I had to wash the garage, and I still have the helmet to clean.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Neal H

Neal H Active Member

Mar 7, 2021
    England
    The view was worth it in the end though!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Pleased you weren't hurt - it wouldn't do if it had been uneventful with the pay - off being such a big bike clean to do!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm so glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were, Armando. :heart: And the same goes for your bike. And thank you for the great reminder about why I don't ride off-road. ;):joy: Those views are spectacular! That would be the one reason I actually might consider riding off-road. Hope your next foray off into the wild is a little less "exciting".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Armando Morales

Mar 29, 2021
    Mexico
    Thanks for all the good wishes!
    I'm now just a bit sore, the good news is that I have recovered a good part of my strength on my left arm which was rather useless during Saturday and Sunday, ie: removing my helmet was challenging, and pushing the bike around in the garage out of the question.

• Like Like x 3