Diesel Car Chiping/tuning Box?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Moe, Jun 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    I had one on my 08 Touran 1.9TDi PD. Superb economy and increased power but that was for towing the shed! I have just remembered that it is still in my garage as it won't fit our 2.0 TDi Tiguan so if anyone wants one for a PD engined vehicle....

• Like Like x 3
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just ordered the £80 one this morning and sent a message with the car details,
    Received notification it was posted within 2 hours
    Hopefully receive it tomorrow

Will let you guys know how it goes
    A few days ago I didn't even know these exist, now I am spendymoney on something I didtknow I needed:):):):)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    @Dozers Dad my wife has a 2013 (i think) diesel fiesta would this be any good for it?

4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yes no complaints with it really, i'm guesing we get about 60mpg,maybe more? is it just the case of plugging it in somewhere?

5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Mine turned up next day, jiffy bag, no packaging box and no protective bag

Installed it Sunday and yep, definite difference.
    On my diesel there is more torque low down, at 30mph I am now in 4th gear instead of the usual 3rd
    Best bit us there is no more lag, I used to put my foot down to pull away at a junction and wait 3 seconds for the power to kick in, now it is just there straight away. So much safer to drive

Took 5 minutes to install and 15 minutes to find the best place to locate the box...I am keeping it in its default settings

Cheers for the recommendation guys

• Like Like x 3
  6. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Hi mate, apologise for the extremely late reply...so after having it in now since August.
    Driving down to Pisa via Luxembourg, Black forest, Geneva and Genoa was great, returned 700-750 miles to a tank which is around 60mpg.

Since coming back and using it in the UK where I find I can drive faster, I'm getting what I should be from the stated which is betqeen 45-55mpg.

Performance wise...feels like the car has another gear..foot down at 70ish and shes off!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Thanks for looking into it. Like I've set mine to mid range so get around 160bhp...whatever it is it does make a difference

• Like Like x 2
  8. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Just come back from having mine fitted, the car was in for a cambelt so got them to do it while they were at it. Good job coz it is real hard to get to the connector only car (308 pug) and my big sausage fingers would never have done it. They have routed the wiring nicely too and put it inside a wiring box that is on the car so I can get at it if needed and also it is out of the way of water.
    Drove home and what a difference, pickup is so much better. Wanna thank DD for changing my perception of these devices. The best 80 quid I have spent recently.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Had mine on for 30,000mls now,couldn't afford to run the car without it,when i had it 28mpg now 45,paid for itself 20 times over at least.

• Like Like x 4