Thruxton Diary Of A Thruxton 900 Owner

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Thruccy Sean, Apr 5, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Yep bit bullit and joined you lot!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Can’t wait for the weather to improve now so I can get out more!

We may even get our mythical ride out with the three of us sorted !

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    It'll happen :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Damn can’t believe I’ve not posted for 16 months!

Hope everyone is well :)

Had a right nightmare with the bike of late but it’s all back up and running now, my fault most likely for not riding much.

What do people use to post images now that Photobucket want to charge me to be able to do anything?

Sean.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Does the “upload a file” not work? That’s how I’ve always done my pics!

Looking forward to seeing her!

6. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Thanks I'll check it out.

7. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Never tried it to be honest, just got used to (on other forums) having to upload pictures to a hosting site before sharing. Anyway I'll figure it out.

You still got the Thruxton Matt? Is Crispey still about??

8. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    It’s pretty simple for the upload...!

Yep still got the truxton and loving it...

8CC58458-3316-4801-A115-BB1C121EEE5B.jpeg

And yep crispey is still knocking around too!

I hope all is good with you!

9. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Looking good, seat looks nice. I've had plans to change mine for a couple of years now but can never decide what to get.

I'm good thanks, since I was last here we've moved house, had our 2nd child (a girl) who actually turns 1 tomorrow (Christ she's a far harder work then the boy was!) and left my full time job to work for myself, which is why I ride the bike a lot less now than I did as I used to use it to commute.

Forgot you taught guitar etc, I've finally started to learn. Picked up bits and pieces over the years but never made a conscious effort to really try until now.

Anyway my bike has had me tearing my hair out. I'd started it up every now and then and given it the odd run out but I guess just not enough. Felt like I was constantly charging the battery, in fact it probably spent more time on charge then it did it in the bike!

Finally renewed my insurance a few weeks ago and then find the bike doesn't want to start. On the odd occasion it would fire up the exhaust coughs, backfires, revs really drop if I let go of the throttle and it just dies. A few more attempts and it just dies completely. Just a 'clicking' noise and won't even turnover.

I repeated this process a number of times until the bike wouldn't fire up at all.

Had to fill up a couple of petrol cans with fresh fuel to make sure the bike was topped up, battery fully charged, replaced all the fuses yet the thing would just not fire up, just constantly turned over. Felt like it was so close to wanting to start but any time it got close it would give up.

Couple days ago at almost the last throw of the dice I gave it another go, after 5 minutes of trying it just kicked in. Sounded f-ing awful, like it was a different exhaust. Popping, coughing, smoke or dust coming from the exhaust. Had to keep my hand gentle on the throttle as the bike would die if I tried to let it idle.

After doing this for a bit it seemed to settle down so headed out. First few minutes weren't pleasant, it was jerky as hell but by the time I returned home it sounded and ran just fine. Was absolutely fine yesterday too.

I may well change the spark plugs seeing as I've just found some brand new ones.

So that's what I've been up to. Fitted some new mirrors yesterday which I bought at the beginning of last year!

Hope you're well and glad crispey is alive!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Let’s see if this upload file thing works :)

9B2D76BE-C463-4440-86A8-F09D7ADFC764.jpeg

2C30A2FC-EF22-45FB-A258-420E5D04E998.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
  12. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    I wish had kept all the links/pictures of the seats I’ve wanted over the OST couple of years. I just want something that’s probably a bit flatter, this one is curved and I’ve never really liked the colour. It has a red tint to it, I’d like a black one next so will start looking again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    That thruxton of yours is looking a hell of a lot cleaner than it was when you brought it round here! Time well spent.
    Yup I'm still here and still got Doris, but she's in the garage with a charger attached, I bring her out and run her up to temp now and again. Fitted the arrows 2-1, can't remember if I had last time you were round

14. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Yes I think the weather had been a bit grim around the time I saw you so the bike was probably a bit dirty. It had a good clean shortly before I stopped riding into town for work at the beginning of last year I think. Otherwise it's been under a cover and a car port since :)

You had the arrows fitted as we'd both fitted the 2-1 around a similar time. But your son had taken the car keys or something and your bike was blocked in the shed so you couldn't get it out :joy:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
  16. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Hey mate! Looking forward to seeing the new bars on the bike!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    New bars haven’t happened yet but have very much enjoyed spending a bit more time on the bike. Flew through the MOT the other day and now I’ve planned a full spark plug change and air filter in the next few days. Got some black carb tops to go on as well.

Today fitted some lovely new side panels and a new headlight grill.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    #179 Thruccy Sean, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Here’s the new bits.

AF5BB76C-6617-4686-AEA2-91467763CA04.jpeg

0DB2F662-97B2-4C5F-9B31-4E4B4C0A9918.jpeg

9B5BA14E-FD10-4908-8B5C-F210B156CFAE.jpeg

70F8AF49-EE3F-405E-AE19-9A238629C7C3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    A new seat is really my next goal. The guy who had the bike before me had this current seat custom made (he said anyway) as he was fairly short. I’ve never really liked the colour and have had my eyes on a new one for a while but can never decide.

I’m looking around for some Black Friday deals.

I originally wanted to go with a classic flat slimline seat but then I saw this cafe racer style one the other day.

I know whatever I choose I’ll think I should of gone with the other but there you go ...

9208B309-6797-4160-9A39-A260F50ED3A9.png

FF7FDB8A-EF86-408F-B708-A7DCE24AB508.png

• Like Like x 1