Destination in washington

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Grumpyrob67, Aug 8, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Grumpyrob67

Grumpyrob67 New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    West sussex
    Just took my T595 to destination in washington, sussex. I asked for the mapping to be checked, cooling system flush & the petrol pump seal to be changed, (leaky leaky). I was quoted about £250.took a week as they 'lost' the seal then had to stump up £600, no warning telephone call.they did change the old petrol filter though. No new maps for ecu......throttle response is still fluffy.ive also asked for a quote to change the clutch plates in the missus speed triple....3 times. The last time he thought about it & walked away. Friendly staff though!?
    Anyone else use them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    i went to destination triumph in washington to p/x my 2008 yamaha xjr1300 with less than 12K on the clock, with service history,which may i add was in superb condition,they offered me a silly low price,i went else where & was offered almost double what they offered it was a no brainer,i shook his hand & said i'll that one there, a nice new thruxton 900 black with a gold stripe,they are 70 miles away from where i live,i took it back there for the 500 mile service, then after 12 months took it to destination triumph washington for a service,they are only 12 miles away,i advised them that the fuel tank had a lot of movement side to side, the headlight had blemishes on the reflector & it had cut out a few times, they sorted it all out for me.i will be using them in the future.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Being quoted £250 then asked for £600?
    No way would I have stumped up!
    Bang some fists on tables and make a big scene especially as you got no prior warning
    I just wouldn't have paid

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    That's why Clive Wood was busy when he was at Bognor. They used to call them Desperation Triumph.
    Many of his old customers still use him up in Lincolnshire, because its worth the trip up! What they save more than covers the cost of fuel etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mim

mim New Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Brighton
    I've found them friendly & helpful and had some good deals with them when buying bikes. But the servicing is expensive, full Triumph prices.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I went into Destination Triumph in Bracknell today to test ride a Thruxton R and they were crap!

All the staff were stood around talking to each other paying no attention to any customers. No one said hello or ask if I needed any help.

I've been in twice now recently and have had no customer service at all...not impressed with them!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You should try the one at pulborough or Fareham, at least you'll have a decent ride to get there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    If you ask a dealer to 'fix it' you have to accept the cost. If you ask for specific work at an agreed price the dealer cannot surprise you with extra work and a bigger bill. If he does you can require him to 'undo' the extras. Practically it comes down to whether extra work was necessary, staging payment and the whole problem of time, the sheer hassle arguing, a 'lien' on the bike (dealer's right to retain it pending payment). The biggest thing is reputation; his not yours. As long as you are truthful you can report your experience.
    The sad truth is lots of youngsters get burned by unscrupulous dealers of cars and motorbikes. Take your custom where it is valued and where you can repose some trust.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mim

mim New Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Brighton
    #9 mim, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    I did another great deal with Destination Washington recently to p/ex my previous Tiger 800 for another ex-demo Tiger 800!

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. keith tookey

keith tookey Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Brighton
    I’ve just baught my Daytona 675 from destination triumph Washington
    And found roger excellent and was happy to ponder to my needs
    Yes I was spending good money with them so they would be nice to me
    I have not yet had to use them for any service needs and will update you all when I do

AEB512BD-47A3-4488-BCDA-1CC771BE923B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. keith tookey

keith tookey Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Brighton
    I’ve just baught my Daytona 675 from destination triumph Washington
    And found roger excellent and was happy to ponder to my needs
    Yes I was spending good money with them so they would be nice to me
    I have not yet had to use them for any service needs and will update you all when I do

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Peter Stokes

Peter Stokes Member

Jun 6, 2018
    West Sussex
    I've just bought my Bonnie from Destination Triumph and found them all absolutely brilliant. Roger was very accomadating and patient. Can only say what I see, I would recommend them to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    #13 Flashp, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    They're all good when taking the money and it shouldn't matter what you spend :confused:

I have plenty I could talk about, even Triumph UK picked up the cudgels on my account once (without my asking) and put a flea in one of the Destination dealerships ears. That upset the manager who then sent a mail to me by reply that was, in part, inappropriate. Up to that point he was non-responsive so I suppose it worked.

I prefer to gauge an opinion on how well a problem is solved or a difficult situation managed.

I'm moving my business to Three Cross who enjoy a far better reputation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Having previously been disappointed with Destination's service, I have to say that Guildford was great this time!

Aaron is back and now running the store and has the exact right idea...the customer comes first! He spent a couple hours with me today talking bits through (not just bike related) and has been really helpful over the last couple of weeks!

Made the decision to buy a Thruxton today and chuffed to bits...would definitely recommend his service to anyone! It's been like a new dealer since he came back!

Ride safe!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Aaron as in the sales bod from Wickham??

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup, he moved down there from Bramley and has now returned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    #17 Glyn Phillips, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    All the dealers seem to have a massive disparity, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about Jack Lilley Romford and Ongar Motorcycles but some people on here just slate them.
    It seems to me, that the same as riding a bike, One mans wine is another mans poison

• Agree Agree x 2