Delivery Times

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by destination, Mar 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    If you want the new Focus estate Vignale, with 180 bhp engine and the new 8-speed torque-converter autobox, in Ruby Red, then you have to order it has only recently been released, it's not a popular configuration and dealers are not likely to have one in stock. Trust me, I've checked :confused:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    'fraid so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. destination

destination Member

May 12, 2017
    leicestershire
    not happy just had an email saying May, but still no date could have at least called me

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Still waiting for my speed twin. I'm not to bothered about delivery times providing the dealer is being honest about when the bike will be delivered. I was originally told mid March and that date has now moved a further 3 times, with the latest now being 20th April. It is this that makes me mad......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BigCLM

BigCLM Senior Member

Nov 30, 2017
    San Rafael, CA
    So weird.

The local dealership here across the pond already has 3-4 on the showroom floor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well there you go, you boys get the bikes and us UK lads have to wait....... only kidding I'm sure there is some logic in the Triumph distribution plan to dealers...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stevee

Stevee Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London uk
    I have taken the plunge and bought a Speed Twin yesterday. I test rode one in February and really liked it. I so nearly bought one then.....
    Been thinking since and decided to go for maybe,,,,,,! the scrambler (which i had never actually seen) or the Speed Twin. I wanted to compare the two for looks, price and comfort side by side somewhere.
    Now i know the Twins are a bit thin on the ground, i have three dealers within reasonable striking distance. First two calls i am quoted a vague late May delivery. I call the closest one last and just ask if the have both the bikes i am considering in the shop, "yes we have both bikes sir, come and take a look".
    Ok, off i head and look round both bikes thoroughly.
    I still prefer the Speed Twin after a good look at both and ask if i can ride their demo.
    Out i go for 40 minutes and i am totally blown away, even more so than the first time and just can not understand why I never bought, or ordered one in February?
    Back in the showroom to the salesman,
    "i like it, when could you get me one?
    Salesman replies,
    "What colour do you want, red is the most popular"?
    Me,
    "Silver/grey"
    Salesman replies,
    "Good, as i only have one and its silver/grey, its downstairs"
    I could not believe it, downstairs i went (at speed, lol) and there it was, still with lots wrapping on it.
    Deposit paid, i am actually not collecting it for two weeks as i am just about to go on holiday. But well pleased, added an alarm and V&H pipes.
    All good

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I am so jealous, ordered mine in February? where about did you find it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stevee

Stevee Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London uk
    I cant believe it myself, Rosners, croydon

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Lucky you, enjoy. Where you off on your hols?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stevee

Stevee Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London uk
    Thanks,,, I certainly hope i will enjoy it, weather should ok by then too.
    Going to Phuket, go there all the time. It will defo be warm down there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wurzel Chris

Wurzel Chris Member

Apr 9, 2019
    Somerest
    Hi Guys, newbie here. I ordered my Speed Twin on 22nd Feb and was told 2-3 weeks delivery, then end of March, then 1st week in April and now not sure. Frustrated to say the least. Also had the bad weather report as they couldn't unload the containers at the port.

Desperate to get my hands on it...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stevee

Stevee Member

Aug 13, 2018
    London uk

It must be annoying. In a strange reverse, i can have mine now, but have chosen to leave at the dealers until i return from a trip. Arrive back on 28th, pick up bike 29th. I imagine the dealers themselves are a little dejected, they must be desperate for sales most of the time, or a lot of the year. Then your makers produce something which is a hit,,, and they cant get them out of the factory.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Same story here, place the order, "Delivery end of March" I called on 2nd April, "Middle of April" called today," End of April"........ I ordered a Speed Twin, not a Brexit................

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tosgha

Tosgha Noble Member

Jul 31, 2018
    worthing
    Have registration and insurance and will be picking the bike up on Saturday.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice one, I get mine next Tuesday...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Can feel the excitement from here Wessa. Happy for you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    The wait would really peeve me off. The longest ive had to wait for a new bike was 2 weeks. From deposit to riding home. Years ago when the Ducati 916sp came out, i ordered one via a UK dealer but collected it on Italian temporary plates 4 days later i was at the factory in Bologna putting the last bolt in on it at the production line. Had a factory tour plus their set the bike up for my weight and on top it off a dinner for free. Years ago i know the UK government deal with the US regarding Triumph was to sell 75% of their production bikes over there. Not sure if this still stands. Sorry if i had to wait as some of you have i would take my custom elsewhere

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    I ordered mine on the launch night and told delivery would be early March. I’m still waiting so went to see the dealer. They told me that information from Triumph is really poor and that cannot give any firm information at the moment. The way it has been explained to me is that the dealers put in an order for a quantity of bikes and these are then the bikes they have to sell to customers. These bikes will be on various delivery schedules and each customer order is allocated to the dealers allocation. I was told the April delivery into the UK has been delayed, but is expected to land on the 3rd May now, but the dreaded brexit may mean clearance could be longer than the normal time of a few days. What my dealer wouldn’t commit to was, is my bike in that delivery, so I am non the wiser and desperate to get my bike so I can use it over this summer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Familiar story.. I had the same from my dealer right up until last week when he advised it would coming next week.. It was originally mid March, then early April, then the 10th April, then the 20th, then week commencing the 22nd and final next week. From what I can gleen from them it is that Triumph no longer advise on delivery dates to dealers, the bikes just turn up when they do. They are as frustrated with Triumph as we are..hey ho should be worth the wait...

• Agree Agree x 1