Delete

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RokitJon, Sep 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Katies Grandad

Jun 27, 2017
    St Neots
    I'
    I've used it on the four triples I've owned and not had any trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RokitJon

RokitJon Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    North Florida
    I've balance carbs before in my former life but never used measurements, just vacuum settings.
    There's no "spec" - could you explain more clearly?

OK so I'm taking my measurements at the bottom of the plate (see picture).
    Right now I have .015" at the center carb. The outer carbs are virtually closed tight! (I got the bike like this).

I'll use a 1/16" drill bit to set the throttle plates at the point indicated in the picture and set all three to 1/16" and I'm done - right?

100_9940.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. RokitJon

RokitJon Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    North Florida
    That's good to hear - thanks Grandad!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    That's pretty much it but by spec i mean that once you have all the throttle plates with the same measurement you then reset the overall (master IE not the individual adjusters between the throttle bodies...it will be on one side of the throttle bodies) adjustment to what it would normally be IE either completely closed (if there is a separate idle air bypass) or with a small gap which would be specified in the manual.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RokitJon

RokitJon Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    North Florida
    OK, the book shows there's no idle speed adjustment.
    Idle speed should be 1,200rpm. If it's not the book says take it to the shop

100_9942.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    OK it sounds like it has a idle air bypass ...but could have a stepper motor for idle air... in which case i would revise the adjustment back to vacuum and use the individual plate adjusters to balance once the engine is running,
    But if the plates are already out of adjustment it may affect the global setting in the ECU ...i would adjust all the plates the same however depending on the
    idle control type it could start with the plats completely closed or if stepper controlled they would open slightly with ignition on or start up but without knowing this i cant really help further....sounds like you need some ECU interrogation software to go much further.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RokitJon

RokitJon Active Member

Nov 11, 2018
    North Florida
    I'll set the plates. The center plate is way off compared to the other two.
    Then I'll crank it over and see if there's a stepper motor.
    Thanks for your help Tricky!

• Agree Agree x 1