Decisions, Decisions..

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by 45Brit2017, Oct 16, 2020.

1. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    so I’ve now had this bike (2013 865cc T100) a little over 3 years. I’m still in two minds.

The raucous Dunstall exhausts are long gone, but the AIS pipework is still in a box under the workbench. The original seat has been replaced by a Triumph K&Q Seat, which is a great improvement. The touring windscreen is a definite success.

However... it still has the occasional throttle snatch at low speeds. There is a definite “tingle” in the right side grip, around 65mph. The steering still twitches when crossing lane divider markings.

The early-90s Sportster it was intended to replace, is still in occasional use. I’ve upgraded a couple of its long-standing niggles, such as a decent seat and 2:1 Supertrapp exhaust. Some (used) Hagons are on the bench, waiting to be fitted.

The Triumph definitely has more power, is generally smoother and more reliable - it doesn’t have the well-known Sportster habit of shaking things loose. It has a better transmission - finding neutral on Sportsters can be a challenge! It doesn’t cook your thighs in summer traffic. But, somehow, the black and orange brute hangs in there... I really don’t know.

• Like Like x 4
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    It sounds like you enjoy them both for each different personality trait they have. Nothing wrong with that.

• Agree Agree x 1