Decisions, Decisions..

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by 45Brit2017, Oct 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    so I’ve now had this bike (2013 865cc T100) a little over 3 years. I’m still in two minds.

The raucous Dunstall exhausts are long gone, but the AIS pipework is still in a box under the workbench. The original seat has been replaced by a Triumph K&Q Seat, which is a great improvement. The touring windscreen is a definite success.

However... it still has the occasional throttle snatch at low speeds. There is a definite “tingle” in the right side grip, around 65mph. The steering still twitches when crossing lane divider markings.

The early-90s Sportster it was intended to replace, is still in occasional use. I’ve upgraded a couple of its long-standing niggles, such as a decent seat and 2:1 Supertrapp exhaust. Some (used) Hagons are on the bench, waiting to be fitted.

The Triumph definitely has more power, is generally smoother and more reliable - it doesn’t have the well-known Sportster habit of shaking things loose. It has a better transmission - finding neutral on Sportsters can be a challenge! It doesn’t cook your thighs in summer traffic. But, somehow, the black and orange brute hangs in there... I really don’t know.

• Like Like x 4
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    It sounds like you enjoy them both for each different personality trait they have. Nothing wrong with that.

• Agree Agree x 1