Decisions Decisions

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by destination, Feb 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. destination

destination Member

May 12, 2017
    leicestershire
    any recommendations Pure triumph Wellingborough or Pidcock Nottingham

Thanks

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Destination Triumph Guildford?

Seriously, darken both doors and talk money....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Would be about cost and gut feeling when I spoke with them for me......could go wrong but if it's all you've got, go with it :):)

4. destination

destination Member

May 12, 2017
    leicestershire
    Thanks it is for a bike and I think muddysump is a bit far away

5. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Make phone call to all and prepare a few questions
    Go with the one that gives the answers you want and feels right.

Sometimes if you’re comfortable it’s because they’re capable.

If they do a shit job don’t take any notice of my advice in future;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    destination,Muddysump comes to you,i have just booked him,you will not get more attention to detail anywhere else no matter what the price,he comes to you it's a no brainer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    I’’ve always been to Pidcock’s for my Triumph bikes and recommend highly for both buying, servicing and general helpfulness... even before they saw the colour of my money! Have had a few new bikes from them so they prob see the £££££ notes attempting to escape my wallet when I go and visit but that’s fine as they are a business and it’s always nice to feel genuinely warmly welcomed.. never had a prob and looking forward their open night next week which is always packed ! ... hope helpful

• Like Like x 1
  8. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    [QUOTE="Dozers Dad, post: Muddy Sump is mobile.
    Triumph have authorised him to stamp the owners service book. Therefore the warranty is unaffected.[/QUOTE]
    The only people that triumph will autherise to stamp books are triumph main dealers. However anyone can stamp a service book if they want to.

9. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Cleverly worded to imply that. Triumph endorse no one but main dealers end of. No matter how good they are. Infact they do not recognise his work as not VAT registered. He cannot do warrenty work

Not according to Muddy Sumps website mate. If he was telling porkies I'm sure Triumph would taken him to court by now. He's been in business for many years.[/QUOTE]
    Not according to Muddy Sumps website mate. If he was telling porkies I'm sure Triumph would taken him to court by now. He's been in business for many years.[/QUOTE]
    Cleverly worded to imply that. Triumph only endorse triumph main dealers. He cannot do warrenty work.
    Infact. He is not VAT registered so even more reason. That said if he uses triumph parts a dealer may be sympathetic should a customer go back to a dealer within the warrenty period. Like any other 3rd party

10. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #10 t552, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Yes. Thats the same for any bike shop. Nothing special for him. It is not an endorsement
    You are correct, be does a good job and very popular. But on his website also states there are now a lot of new models he cant work on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Well if you want to toe the company line and pay through the nose that's your problem,we know better,i look forward to saving a fortune.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Are you refering to me?
    Im not towing the company line, just stating fact. Dozers dad knows who i am but am not saying names.
    I know someone as good, if not better but wont come to you as says cant do as good a job mobile as he's been there.
    Btw i pay no one luckily.

13. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    I come on here and make comments ONLY when iv'e experienced things personally so to help people and save them money,unless i am 100% sure i don't bother commenting,i recommended muddysump to my local triumph club and half of them have used him even though the triumph shop is 50yds away from where we meet,if less people used dealers maybe they would have to put their prices down,i once took my 900 legend in a van to clive wood but cannot recommend him because he wasn't that cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    I always say. Cost is not the key. The target is a good job at a fair price. No matter who does it or to what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    In all the makes of bikes iv'e had over the years,cost is paramount when it comes to triumphs,not only are they up to 4 times more expensive to service than any other bike iv'e ever had,but all the triumph dealers i have been to share one common thing,--- incompetence.On my yamaha when i go to dealers they have a glass wall so you can watch them as they are confident in their own ability,i wouldn't trust most triumph dealers to change my oil and get charged 4 times the price for it,iv'e seen 2 dealers pushing bikes out with oil dripping from the filter and 1 of them was mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Just be as picky about who does your knees! Had both mine done 9 yrs ago - new lease of life and banishment of pain.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    I can't wait,my 1st knee op is hopefully only a month away,can't walk more than 30yds at the minute [still ride my bikes] can't wait to get back to a job,and yes i am being picky about my knees also,don't trust northampton hospital,having it done in coventry.

18. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well expect to come round and feel as though you have just been flattened by a train.....
    My single piece of advice is to work at mobility and flexing every bit as hard as they tell you, then some.

My daughter had her tonsils done and the bloke next door was 2 days post op with a knee replacement and feeling very sorry for himself. She said I was coming in and warned me. I stalked round the corner groaning stiff legged then dropped a crutch - he looked despairing til I started skipping..... a game changing op. Flex, flex, flex! Measure what you need for the bike!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gazwhitespeed

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    thanks for the advice/info,i have measured what i need and the triumph is more of a leg bend than the yam but i can bend 15degrees more than i need so got to get back to that,they won't do both at once because i am such a fat ba--ard.

20. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    When we owned our company we used to service/work on bikes & cars whilst still in warranty. We advised clients that by E U law as long as the garage is competent, follows manufacturers schedules & uses either genuine or o e quality parts & is vat registered the warranty in the event of a claim will not be affected. Well that’s not quite the case in the real world. Manufacturers will always look for a way to wriggle out of their obligations. Had quite a few interesting battles with manufacturers over warranty issues over the past 30 years of which I would guesstimate a 75% success rate.

• Agree Agree x 1